My sister is visiting this weekend so we broke into the GRAPEFRUIT INFUSED RUM and made fresh Grapefruit Mojitos…
Fresh Grapefruit Mojito
small handful fresh mint leaves (spearmint is best)
1/2 tsp sugar
- You can do this in a cocktail mixer if you want, but I do it right in the glass. Put the mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass along with the sugar and smash them a bit with the back of a spoon. If you have a muddler, use it.
1/4 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice (about 1/2 a grapefruit)
juice of 1 lime
2 shots (about 3 ounces) of light rum
1 tsp Rose’s Lime Juice (more or less to taste)
a splash of blood orange juice or soda for color* (you can find this at Trader Joe’s, and in most grocery stores)
scoop of ice
Pellegrino or other sparkling water
- Add the grapefruit juice, fresh lime, rum, Rose’s, and blood orange juice or soda if using, along with the ice. Stir gently.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and more mint leaves.
- Be sure to taste your drink and adjust it to suit you!
*This is optional, but it does give the drink a beautiful blush color.
The Infused Rum turned out very nice, it has a light citrusy essence of grapefruit. It infused for exactly a week, so if you wanted a stronger flavor you could let it go longer.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!