My sister is visiting this weekend so we broke into the GRAPEFRUIT INFUSED RUM and made fresh Grapefruit Mojitos…
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
- Small handful fresh mint leaves (spearmint is best)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice (about 1/2 a grapefruit)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 shots (about 3 ounces) of light rum
- 1 tsp Rose's Lime Juice (more or less to taste)
- a splash of blood orange juice or soda for color (you can find this at Trader Joe's, and in most grocery stores)
- scoop of ice
- Pellegrino or other sparkling water
- You can do this in a cocktail mixer if you want, but I do it right in the glass. Put the mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass along with the sugar and smash them a bit with the back of a spoon. If you have a muddler, use it.
- Add the grapefruit juice, fresh lime, rum, Rose's, and blood orange juice or soda if using, along with the ice. Stir gently.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and more mint leaves.
- Be sure to taste your drink and adjust it to suit you!
- Try this with other citrus like blood orange or tangerine.
- In my How to Make Homemade Fruit Liquer post I show you how to use all kinds of fruits to make customized liqueurs.