Chunky Cherry Tomato Salsa ~ this type of chunky salsa is perfect for serving with grilled fish, meats, or chicken. It adds color, flavor, and a summery brightness to so many different types of meals.
I’ve made a lot of salsas so far on the blog, but I keep coming back to the original, the queen of all salsas, tomato. Monday’s not the day to get fancy with food, and there’s no better time than now for raw tomatoes.
Right now the tiny little tomatoes are coming into the markets, and they’re some of my favorites, I say the smaller the better. They come round, oval, and pear shaped, in all colors. They are firmer and stay firmer after being cut than regular tomatoes so they make a chunkier gutsier salsa, which is just right for grilled fish.
Toss together halved or quartered cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, a little bell pepper, at least one hot pepper, and cilantro. Put away the blender and the food processor, just cut everything up by hand, the chunkier the better. Season with the juice of at least 1 lime, a touch of sherry vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Let it hang out in the refrigerator for a while.
You really need a fruity rum drink with this, don’t you think?
Also try ~
Chunky Cherry Tomato Salsa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes I used heirlooms
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1/2 bell pepper any color, diced
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (leave the seeds out if you like things milder)
- 3 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- Toss everything together in a bowl. Taste to adjust the dressing.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.