Warm Cashew Granola ~ warm toasty cashews turn an everyday breakfast into something super special. This easy breakfast has it all: protein, fiber, and a delicious crunch!
I’m often asked whether I ever run out of ideas for new recipes ideas to post. My answer is always the same…I have just the opposite problem! Inspiration bombards me from all directions, all hours of the day and night. The other day I was having a drink with a friend, and she served the simplest appetizer I have ever had…warmed cashews…and with every bite the bells and whistles were going off in the foodie section of my brain. I could hardly concentrate on the conversation. But seriously, those cashews were amazing. She just warmed raw cashews in the oven…no salt, no nothing. You have to try it.
Most of my granola recipes have pretty long ingredient lists, because I try to pack as many goodies into each one that I possibly can find in my cupboard on that particular day. But this granola is completely different. For one thing, it only has a very few, well curated ingredients, and for another, it’s served warm! That makes it extra special for a winter’s morning. Like all granolas, you can whip up in a jiffy. You’ll toss oats, nuts and seeds with a little oil, honey, and vanilla. A dash of salt brings a out the flavor. Then toast it all in the oven while you brew your coffee. Serve it hot off the baking sheet with yogurt or milk.
Warm Cashew Granola
- 2 cups rolled old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp golden flax seeds
- 1 heaping cup raw whole cashews
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the oats, nuts and seeds together in a bowl.
- Mix the oil, honey, vanilla and salt together and drizzle over the oats, tossing to combine well.
- Spread out the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. I stir the granola a few times during the baking to toast it evenly.
- If you are making this ahead, let the granola cool on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight jar. When you are ready to eat it, just rewarm it in a 300F oven for about 10 minutes, and then serve warm with milk or yogurt.