Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Loaded Farro Salad
Lunch Prep: Loaded Farro Salad ~ this healthy grain salad is packed with protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates, and lots of flavor and crunch, aka everything you need to deliciously power through your day.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 cup raw farro
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup walnut oil (use olive oil if you like)
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp yellow mustard, I used Coleman's for a kick
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Rinse the farro and put a pot with 4 cups water to boil on the stove. Bring the water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and the farro. Lower the heat, cover, and let gently boil for about 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse, and put in a large bowl.
While the farro is cooking make the dressing. Put the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and poppy seeds in a small jar and use an immersion blender to emulsify the mixture. Taste to add salt and pepper.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss with the dressing. You may not need all of the dressing...add enough to moisten it first, and then add more as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 223.93kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.02g | Protein: 4.02g | Fat: 11.97g | Saturated Fat: 1.73g | Cholesterol: 2.81mg | Sodium: 62.37mg | Potassium: 215.64mg | Fiber: 5.2g | Sugar: 6.9g | Vitamin A: 1085.75IU | Vitamin C: 14.12mg | Calcium: 52.9mg | Iron: 0.96mg