Add to Collection
Go to Collections
The BEST Stuffed Pepper Soup
The Best Stuffed Pepper Soup ~ I’m craving comfy soups right now, and this one has all my favorite stuffed pepper flavors in delicious slurp-able pot ~ omitting the rice makes it a low carb, Whole 30, and Paleo option! This easy meal can be ready in well under an hour.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef (80-85 % lean)
- olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can of beef broth
- 15 ounce can of petite cut diced tomatoes
- 17 ounces tomato sauce (I use Pomi)
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 bundle fresh sage and oregano OPTIONAL
- 1 tsp paprika (use hot smoked if you like...I do!)
- 2 tsp Sherry vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and diced (I like to use multi colors for a beautiful effect in the soup)
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- chopped parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese
Brown the beef in a large heavy bottomed soup pot. Add a touch of olive oil if your meat is very lean. Break up the beat as you brown. Remove to a bowl.
Add the onions to the same pan, and saute for about 10 minutes until softened...you aren't looking to brown them. Add the garlic and saute a minute or so more.
Add the beef back into the pot, along with the broth, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Give everything a good stir. Add the dried herbs, the fresh herbs, tied in a little bundle (if using) paprika, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring up to a simmer, then cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
Remove the bundle of fresh herbs, it's done its job. Add the peppers and continue to simmer for a few more minutes, just until the peppers begin to soften. Serve the soup in bowls with the rice. Garnish with parsley and lots of Parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg