Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Avocado and Herb Salad
Avocado and Herb Salad ~ a super easy way to kick your diet back into gear. There's no sacrifice involved with decadently nutritious avocados and lots of bright fresh herbs, in fact this vegan salad is a delicious example of the new trend in health ~ fat (the good kind) is back!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2-3 ripe but firm avocados
- 1 lemon
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced (leave out seeds and membrane for a milder heat)
- a large handful of fresh cilantro stems removed and rough chopped
- a large handful of fresh parsley stems removed and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp orange blossom vinegar or your favorite red or white)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Slice the avocado into thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Add them to a wide shallow serving bowl along with the green onions, capers, herbs, and jalapeño.
Whisk the dressing together and drizzle over the salad. Serve asap with a fresh grinding of coarse black pepper.