You just can’t improve on Classic Zucchini Bread, so I won’t even try. This is the time honored, Grandma approved, moist, tender, fabulous zucchini bread you know and love…
Let’s be honest.
I’m not in love with zucchini. How about you?
They’re kind of tasteless and their texture leaves a lot to be desired.
No matter what you do, they always seem to cook up really mushy.
They do have one redeeming quality, though.
You can grate them up into little shreds
and make delicious zucchini bread.
This is a classic zucchini bread, no bells and whistles, just pure perfection.
Don’t forget the cream cheese.
Now it all makes sense..this is why people plant all that zucchini.
Other reasons to love zucchini ~
Classic Zucchini Bread
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- about 1 1/2 cups freshly grated zucchini with skin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Set the oven to 350F
- Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the sugar and oil.
- Add vanilla and the eggs (one at a time) and beat in between. Add in the cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix until just blended, don't over mix.
- Fold in the zucchini and the nuts.
- Spread out evenly in the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick inserted near the center.