Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are naturally gluten free and even better than regular chocolate chip cookies!
My flourless nut butter cookies have been so popular ever since I posted the first one over a year ago.
I think it’s not only because they are so easy to make, but because they really are a healthier cookie alternative. With no flour and no butter, they’re protein rich and very satisfying. I can honestly say that I prefer the flavor and texture of these cookies to regular chocolate chip cookies. These are absolute heaven right from the oven, with a brownie-like flavor and texture, and loaded with both chocolate and peanut butter chips. No empty calories here!
This is the first chocolate based nut butter cookie I’ve posted and I’m happy with how it turned out. The basic formula of a nut butter, sugar and egg based dough is quite versatile and can be easily tweaked into lots of different kinds of cookies. In this case the chocolate flavor dominates over the peanut butter for a nice change.
The color will vary depending on what type of cocoa powder you use…I just used regular, but you can use dark cocoa powder for a deeper, richer chocolate color. Here’s a great food stylist’s tip — after you scoop out the cookies onto the baking sheet and flatten them just slightly with your fingers. pop in a few extra chocolate chips right into the surface of the cookies before you bake them, that way you’ll get that ‘loaded with chips’ effect. They’ll look irresistible!
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup peanut butter, any type
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- set oven to 350F
- Whisk the egg and the sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the peanut butter, cocoa powder, baking soda and vanilla, if using.
- Fold in the chips.
- Scoop out onto an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. I use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop.
- Flatten each ball just slightly with your fingers and bake for about 10 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack.
Thanks for pinning!
More flourless cookies from the archives…