Strawberry milk is fresh berries whipped up with your milk of choice into a frothy dreamy drink. It’s like sipping a pint of fresh strawberries…can’t hate that.
a recipe for strawberry milk the way Mother Nature intended
Put away the dry mixes with all that sugar and artificial stuff. No need for pots and pans or sticky syrups for this deliciously fresh strawberry milk. all you’ll need is a blender, and if you don’t have a fancy Vitamix, no worries, your Nutribullet or handy immersion blender will do the job.
what you’ll need
- fresh strawberries
- milk ~ any type you like, whole, low fat, skimmed, or non-dairy
how to make strawberry flavored milk
Add rinsed, hulled, and halved fresh strawberries to a blender. I love my Vitamix blender, but any blender or even food processor will work.
Add milk of your choice to the blender. I use a proportion of 2 parts berries to 3 parts milk, which results in a fresh clean strawberry flavored milk. You can up the proportion to 1 to 1 for a thicker, more strawberry forward result, or if you want to make a strawberry smoothie.
Blend for about 15-20 seconds until smooth, pink, and frothy. Can you say healthy milkshake?
does strawberry milk come from pink cows? (and other faqs)
Yes! It’s extremely healthy and a fabulous way to get kids to drink their milk. Adults who are trying to get more calcium into their diets will love it, too. It’s all natural without additives or artificial colors or flavors. For those who don’t do dairy there are lots of alternative milks that work well, I love almond and coconut in particular.
No, there is no added sugar and you can use skimmed milk or almond milk if you’re cutting calories or watching fat intake.
Honestly, it tastes like a strawberry milkshake to me, even though there is no added sugar. It has the refreshing flavor of real strawberries.
Yes, it has been the center of controversy and has been banned in some school cafeterias, where it is made with the powdered strawberry milk mix that is full of additives and artificial colors and flavors. They should try my fresh strawberry milk instead!
That’s a tiktok trend that’s similar to whipped coffee, and you need Nestlé instant strawberry milk powder (1 Tbsp) and heavy whipping cream (1/4 cup.) Whip them together and then dollop the mixture on top of a glass of milk. Pretty useless, if you ask me, I’d stick with this fresh recipe 😉
Yes, that will work. You’ll get an extra frosty extra thick milk!
Just a day or two in the fridge. And remember to shake before using as it will settle a bit.
Korean strawberry milk is a popular drink in Korea made with a sweetened strawberry sauce or puree, along with small chunks of chopped strawberries, mixed with milk. Sometimes the strawberry sauce is swirled into the milk for a two-toned effect.
how to use your berry-licious pink milk
- Of course drink it straight, it’s best cold, of course.
- Pour it on your morning cereal, whether it’s oatmeal, boxed cereal, or some healthy granola or muesli.
- Use it to make your morning smoothie.
- Make a strawberry milk chia pudding.
- Add strawberry ice cream for the best strawberry milkshake, like, ever.
more fun with strawberries
- Strawberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Galette
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Galette
How to Make Strawberry Milk
- a blender, immersion blender, or food processor
- 1 pint strawberries
- 3 cups milk (use whole, low fat, skimmed, or non dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a dash or sugar or honey taste
- Rinse and hull your berries, then slice them in half.
- Add the strawberries to a blender.
- Add the milk and any optional ingredients to the blender and blend for about 15-30 seconds until smooth and frothy.
- Serve right away.