Buttermilk Blueberry Pancake Squares are easy batch cooked pancakes and such a fun way to start the day ~ everybody can sit down to warm pancakes at once!
Buttermilk Blueberry pancake squares are a genius idea!
Who wouldn’t love a little stack of chunky pancake squares? They have the same light texture and moist tender crumb of pancakes, they’re not too sweet like pancakes, and you get to eat them with butter and syrup, just like pancakes… because they are pancakes. Only you get the pleasure of eating them like cake. This idea has legs, people.
Pancakes work perfectly baked up in squares. I should have guessed that, since pancake batter is basically cake batter. The concept makes so much sense, I don’t know why it never occurred to me before.
You can make these for the family and actually all sit down to eat together. Or you can make them and set them out on the counter for people to grab as they wake up. They can pop them in the microwave, or just drizzle warmed syrup over the top to heat them up.
These pancake squares have a kind of bed and breakfast-y vibe going on. They will definitely delight your kids, too. Thumbs up!
More fun breakfast recipes ~
- Apple Cider Doughnut Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Cake
- Breakfast Mac and Cheese
- Breakfast Fruit and Yogurt Tart
Buttermilk Blueberry Pancake Squares
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together in a small bowl
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry, mixing just until combined, lumps are ok.
- Gently and briefly fold in the berries.
- Spread in a greased 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Don't over bake.
- Cool just briefly before cutting and serving.