Cashew Tiger Butter ~ this delicious chocolate and cashew butter bark is fun to make and even more fun to eat! Let the kids help you swirl the layers together!
While all your friends are running around stockpiling huge plastic bags of crappy candy, I thought I’d share an alternative…you can make Cashew Tiger Butter in far less time than it would take you to get to the corner drugstore and wade through the candy aisle. Imagine your favorite chocolate teamed up with your favorite nut butter (I chose cashew) and you’ve got the idea.
This bark is a sure fire people pleaser…one layer is made with a blend of white chocolate and cashew butter, and the second layer is pure dark chocolate. The two are swirled together to create the fun ‘tiger’ pattern. I melt everything in the microwave so this is a no muss no fuss project. After it’s hardened and you cut it into squares it looks waaaaay more complicated and impressive than it actually is. Always a plus 😉
TIP: Don’t be afraid to run through the layers over and over again with your chopstick, the more you swirl, the more intricate your pattern will be.
Traditional tiger butter is made with peanut butter, and yes, you can use crunchy if you like. You could also use almond, or macadamia, or pecan butter. Try using milk chocolate for a different flavor.
TIP: This bark is a little softer than regular chocolate bark because the cashew butter in the first layer. I like to keep it refrigerated until serving.
If you master the easy steps to making a swirled bark like this you’ll never be more than a few minutes away from a fabulous dessert or homemade holiday food gift.
Cashew Tiger Butter
- one 12-ounce package about 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a standard baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment, or foil.
- Put the white chocolate and the cashew butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for one minutes. Remove and stir until the chocolate is melted and everything is combined and smooth. Microwave for a further 15 seconds if necessary. Don't over heat.
- Put the dark chocolate chips in a small microwave safe measuring up and heat for 1 minute. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the cashew butter mixture out onto the baking sheet. Spread it out with an offset spatula until it is approximately a 8x12 rectangle. Don't stress over the exact size, your bark can be as thick or thin as you like.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate over the cashew layer in long stripes.
- Take the pointed end of a chopstick and swirl the layers together.
- Let the chocolate sit until completely firm. If your house is warm, put the tray in the refrigerator.
- When the bark is solid, remove it from the silicone or foil, and cut it into pieces. Keep chilled until ready to eat.
- If you have nut allergies you can make this bark without the cashew butter, just use the white and dark chocolate alone. (See below) Make the base white or dark chocolate, whatever your preference.
Don’t forget to pin this easy Cashew Tiger Bark!