Easy RITZ Cracker Canapés ~ celebrate the return of warmer weather with a collection of colorfully topped RITZ crackers…layer them up and watch them disappear!
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mondelez International Group. All opinions are entirely my own.
These fun bite sized canapés are perfect for whatever shindig you’ve got going this season. At the first sign of spring we bring the food outdoors ~ there’s nothing better than eating outside after being cooped up all winter long. These colorful crackers are guaranteed to bring the family together ~ you can make them as elegant or as kid friendly as you want, depending on your toppings…fancy them up or simplify for the kiddos. These crackers actually include all the food groups, so I won’t judge if you decide to make a meal out of them…just add iced tea!
Making these RITZ Cracker canapés is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1 ~ Head to your local Kroger, or Kroger banner store (Jay C Market, City Market, or Gerbes) and pick up a few essentials like sliced deli meats, cooked shrimp, cheeses, plus condiments like mustards and flavored mayos ~ don’t forget some fresh herbs for garnishing.
Step 2 ~ Lay out a make your own canapé bar, and let friends and family stack up their own unique RITZ Cracker creations.
Step 3 ~ Sit back and relax with your RITZ Cracker!!
One of my favorite spots in my local Ralph’s supermarket is the deli counter. I’m always blown away by the quality and variety of meats and cheeses, and since they’ll form the base of my canapés, this was my first stop. I had trouble choosing, but I ended up with a smoked Black Forest ham, some maple glazed turkey, and a spicy salami. I found the most gorgeous blue marbled Monterey Jack, a dilled Havarti, and a pepper jack cheese. They have great flavor and they provide visual interest too. I cut out the meats and cheeses with my 1 1/2 inch circle cutter ~ it’s the perfect size to decorate the RITZ Crackers with.
TIP: Get the kids involved! Set them up with a few small cookie cutters and let them get creative. This is fun for everything from birthday parties to after school snacks, or any time you’re looking for some #familyRITZpiration.
I also picked up a handful of small cooked shrimp from the fish department, and a little bit of smoked salmon to round out the protein for my creatons. I grabbed some radishes, a cuke, and some fresh herbs, and then augmented what I already have in my pantry with some interesting mustards.
Everybody loves RITZ Crackers, so plan accordingly and stock up. RITZ Crackers make the ideal foundation for these canapés ~ they’re not too big, or too small, for the perfect one bite. The texture is crisp, buttery, and easy to eat…no embarrassing cracker shards flying everywhere when you’re trying to socialize. And the flavor adds a rich delicious background without competing with your toppings.
TIP: To make quick work of these canapés, stack your meats and cheeses so you can cut through several layers at once, then peel apart the layers and mix and match cheeses and meats on your crackers.
Want more #FamilyRITZpiration? Visit www.FamilyRITZpiration.com!
- 1 package RITZ Original Fresh Stacks
- 1/4 lb sliced smoked turkey
- 1/4 lb sliced Black Forest ham
- 1/4 lb sliced salami
- 1/4 lb small cooked shrimp
- 1/4 lb smoked salmon
- 1/4 lb sliced cheese, your choice
- hard boiled egg, sliced
- cream cheese, whipped or regular
- herbed cheese spread
- crumbled blue cheese
- olive tapenade
- sun dried tomato tapenade
- wasabi sauce
- your favorite mustards
- tiny cherry tomatoes
- cocktail onions
- pink peppercorns
- basil leaves
- fresh dill
- Marcona almonds
- sliced stuffed olives
- chopped pistachios
- crumbled bacon
- sesame seeds
- hot pepper flakes
- edible flowers
- Cut your meats and cheeses into 1 1/2 inch rounds using a small cookie or biscuit cutter. If you don't have a cutter you can cut small squares to fit on the RITZ Crackers.
- Layer your canapés in any order that you like, and add garnishes to make lots of different combinations. Finish each with a fresh herb or sprinkle of spice or nuts to add visual interest.
- Alternately you can lay out everything for your family and friends to create their own RITZ canapés.
- Serve your canapés right away.
- Don’t assemble your canapés too far in advance or the crackers can soften from the moisture in the toppings. You can prep the ingredients ahead of time, just store them under damp paper towels (wrap in plastic) in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. Then assemble just before you need them.