Instant Pot Rosé Risotto and 9 other Rosé Recipes ~ it’s all about the wonderful world of Rosé today, with lots of Valentine worthy inspiration, including a unique rosé wine infused risotto that takes just 6 minutes in your Instant Pot!
There was a time when you’d be teased mercilessly for drinking Rosé, but not anymore. It’s cool now, and I’m glad, because I’ve always been a fan. Rosé wine is actually a red wine, made from red grapes. It’s that beautiful blush pink color because the winemakers only allow the skins to macerate in the juice for a short period. Rosé makes a refreshing cocktail, but it’s a versatile ingredient in other recipes, too. I use it as the base for this unusual rosé risotto.
TIP: Serve this risotto as a side dish rather than a main course ~ it pairs perfectly with any kind of meaty dish like steak, roast beef, pork tenderloin, or lamb. It’s simple and so pretty.
I just got an Instant Pot last week and I’m going crazy with it, so fair warning ~ I’m going to pepper you with Instant Pot recipes in the coming weeks. If you’re not familiar with it, the Instant Pot is a modern version of a classic pressure cooker, updated with lots of convenient features, like the ability to brown food right in the pot. It can be used as a rice cooker, a yogurt maker, and a slow cooker, among other things. Foods that traditionally take many hours to cook are done in a fraction of the time. (I think the Instant Pot is worth it for the risotto alone!)
TIP: This risotto recipe is perfect for the Instant Pot because, through the magic of pressure cooking, you only need 2 cups of wine for one cup of arborio rice. A traditional stove-top recipe would require 6 or more cups of liquid, and that would throw off the flavor balance. Look for a dry Rosé for this dish ~ the rice will absorb the wine as it cooks and the flavor will be concentrated, so you don’t want anything overly sweet.
Safety Note: This recipe is formulated for the Instant Pot. Please don’t try this with stove top pressure cookers as I haven’t tested it on other models. Always follow all safety instructions in your manual, and follow the recipe instructions carefully.
Instant Pot Rosé Risotto
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups dry Rosé wine
- 3-4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- thyme leaves or edible flowers for garnish
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot and press the saute button,. Saute the shallot and garlic for a few minutes. Add the rice and stir for another minute.
- Add the wine and stir to combine. Close and lock the lid, and set the steam release handle to 'sealing'. Select 'Pressure Cook' (or 'manual') and cook on high for 6 minutes.
- When the risotto is cooked, use the quick release method to depressurize the pot. Once the pressure has released, open the lid and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a scattering of fresh thyme, and more grated cheese, if desired.
Make it your own ~
- Experiment with other types of wine for this risotto. A nice Chardonnay or Malbec sounds great to me. Again, look for something dry.
- For an extra dose of luxury, stir a few spoonfuls of mascarpone cheese into the finished risotto. Did you know you can MAKE YOUR OWN MASCARPONE CHEESE?
Other Rosé recipes you might like ~
VANILLA CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRY ROSÉ WINE SAUCE ~ Cooking With A Wallflower
GARLIC AND HERB MUSSELS IN ROSÉ BROTH ~ Honest Cooking
STRAWBERRY FROSÉ COCKTAIL ~ It’s a Sparkly Life