No Bake Pumpkin Cloud Bars ~ this whisper light pumpkin dessert with its spiced graham crust and fluffy pumpkin topping is perfect after a heavy meal!
Not a fan of heavy desserts? These pumpkin cloud bars are for you!
These No Bake Pumpkin Cloud Bars are patterned after my beloved Lemon Crunch Bars. Those bars sustained me through a long hot LA summer with their easygoing, vintage charm and I loved them so much that I find myself reinventing them again and again as the seasons change. This latest reincarnation is inspired by my favorite fall flavors, and it gave a me a great excuse to make yet one more pumpkin treat.
These pumpkin bars are creamy and refreshing, but practically weightless.
Holiday desserts tend to be on the heavy side. But let’s face it, no one really wants a heavy dessert after a big meal, and that’s where these Pumpkin Cloud Bars come in. They have a gently spiced pumpkin flavor and the texture of whipped cream. I added cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cardamom and ginger to both the graham cracker crumb crust and the filling so you’d be sure to get the message!
These bars are best served chilled, and you can even eat them straight from the freezer.
TIP: Cutting is easier if you freeze the bars for an hour before slicing.
No Bake Pumpkin Cloud Bars
- 11 full graham crackers
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon allspice, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1/2 tsp each cinnamon allspice, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- grated nutmeg
- Spray and line a 9x9 square baking dish with parchment paper with long ends. The paper is completely optional, but I find it helps me lift the chilled bars out for neater cutting.
- Put the graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor, crushing them as you add them. Sprinkle in the spices and sugar and process until the crumbs are all evenly crushed. Add the melted butter and process until the crumbs are all dampened.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan, using gently pressure to get them evenly packed down.
- Rinse and dry the processor bowl and blade and add the cream. Process until the cream is whipped to stiff peaks. This takes only about 30 seconds, so watch carefully. Then process in the pumpkin, condensed milk, and spices, just until blended.
- Turn the whipped filled out onto the crust and spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 6-8 hours.
- Cut into squares and dust with freshly grated nutmeg.
Make these pumpkin spice bars your own ~
- You can also use gingersnap or chocolate wafer cookie crumbs if you like.