Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies are a simple, buttery, and utterly delicious cookie perfect for afternoon tea, an after school snack, or any occasion.
vanilla bean shortbread cookies are subtle but delicious!
If you’re looking for a soft spoken, elegant cookie to pair with coffee or tea, look no further than vanilla bean shortbread cookies. These demure cookies speak in the hushed tones of floral vanilla bean, they quietly crunch and then melt away in your mouth. After you eat one or two, you’ll wonder why you’d ever need anything else in a cookie.
5 simple ingredients for vanilla shortbread
- butter ~ I use unsalted
- sugar ~ confectioner’s or granulated
- flour ~ all purpose
- vanilla bean
- vanilla extract
easy step by step for making vanilla bean shortbread dough
- Cream the butter and sugar along with the vanilla and vanilla bean seeds. This can be done by hand, or with electric beaters, or in a stand mixer.
- Blend in the flour until a soft crumbly dough comes together.
- You can chill the dough in a disk for cut-out cookies, or in a log form for slice and bake cookies.
more shortbread please
- Lemon Shortbread
- How to Make Pansy Topped Shortbread Cookies
- Sparkly Strawberry Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Lilac Sugar Shortbread
- Butter Pecan Shortbread
Vanilla Bean Shortbread Tea Cookies
- Set oven to 350F.
- Cream the sugar and butter together with the vanilla and the vanilla bean seeds. Blend in the flour. Keep stirring until the dough comes together.
- Turn the soft dough out onto a floured surface and for into two disks, like for pie dough. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick and cut out the cookies. Place them on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator while you clean up.
- Bake the cookies for about 13 minutes until firm.
- Cool on a rack.