Breakfast smoothie bowls are all the rage right now for a good reason! These healthy fruit and yogurt bowls are beautiful, healthy, and endlessly customizable ~ they’re gluten free, high protein, and so delicious!
Normally I’m not a smoothie for breakfast type, I’m just not into drinking my meals… but this is an idea I can get behind. With a healthy morning smoothie bowl, loaded with fruits, nuts, and granola, I get to spoon and crunch my way to a balanced and hearty start to the day.
The concept is uber simple – just whiz together your smoothie, spoon it into a shallow bowl, and top it with your favorite stuff. My bowl was rimmed with fresh blackberries pureed with 2% Greek yogurt. I wanted the base to be thick, so I didn’t add any other liquids.
The breakfast smoothie bowl is pretty much it’s own art form. It’s the perfect canvas to play with color, texture, and flavors all at once!
My toppings include strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, tangerine, banana, Spanish peanuts and honey flax granola. But of course this is the ultimate customizable recipe! Use whatever you love, what you have in your pantry, or what looks good at the farmer’s market.
For delicious ‘design’ details, check out my HOW TO MAKE AN INSTAGRAM WORTHY SMOOTHIE BOWL!
You’ll have extra granola if you follow this recipe. If you want to really take your smoothie bowl to the next level, or just feel like some granola with yogurt or milk, check out my other granola recipes on the blog!
- MAUI ISLAND GRANOLA
- WARM CASHEW GRANOLA
- PISTACHIO CARDAMOM GRANOLA
- EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK GRANOLA
- COCOA ALMOND GRANOLA
Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup fresh ripe blackberries rinsed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- assorted fruits and nuts for garnish I used strawberries, raspberries, tangerine segments, sliced bananas, chopped kiwi and Spanish peanuts,
honey flax granola (you'll have extra)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- Set oven to 350F
- To make the granola, toss the oats with the oil, honey, and flax seeds to coat well.
- Spread the oats out onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the oats are golden brown. I give the pan a stir several times during the baking. Let cool.
- To make the smoothie, put the berries in a blender and blend until pureed. Add the yogurt and blend again until smooth.
- Spoon the yogurt into a shallow bowl and top with assorted fruits and nuts. Sprinkle the granola over the top and enjoy.
- Use almond or coconut yogurt for a vegan smoothie bowl.
- Use frozen fruit for a super cool treat in hot weather.