Papaya Boats ~ your breakfast just got a whole lot more interesting, and healthy, with gorgeous tropical papaya filled to the brim with non dairy yogurt and colorful fresh fruit.
Today I’m teaming up with Daiya, a leading maker of plant-based foods that are deliciously dairy, gluten and soy free, to bring you these colorful papaya breakfast boats.
vegan papaya boats for a healthy start to the day
I’m excited to introduce you to Daiya Foods! Their line of plant based food products is exceptional, and whether you’re dairy-intolerant, allergic, vegan, or, like me, just looking to broaden your horizons and eat healthier, I think you’ll love it. Even though I am not vegan, allergic, or dairy-intolerant, I’ve found that I actually prefer many plant based alternatives to common foods that I’ve grown up eating. Like this coconut based yogurt, ~I’ve used the Black Cherry in my papaya boat above. The flavor is bright and vivid, without any artificial taste. I’m really sensitive to artificial flavors, and it’s been hard to find a fruit yogurt that tastes natural ~ I love this one!
If you’re used to starting your morning with a cup of coffee and a piece of toast (guilty!) then you’re in for a treat. Today I’m turning my Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternative into a festive breakfast or brunch dish by spooning it into a ripe papaya half, and piling on a smorgasbord of fruit. Healthy eating suddenly turns from a chore into a privilege, and the few extra minutes it takes to scoop out the papaya seeds and fill with yogurt are so worth it.
if healthy eating feels like a chore, you’re doing it wrong!
How can you possibly have a bad day when you start it out with one of these papaya breakfast boats?
TIP: You don’t have to go crazy like I did with so many different types of fruit ~ a sprinkle of fabulous blueberries, some nutty wheat germ, and a drizzle of local honey (or agave syrup) makes a delicious breakfast.
plant based yogurt makes papaya boats and smoothie bowls vegan friendly
Daiya (pronounced day-yah) has a full line of plant-based and allergy free products, from non-dairy cheese alternatives to salad dressings. They even sell readymade Cheezecake and Cheezy Mac. The line is aimed at folks with dietary restrictions, but also for anyone trying to embrace a more plant-based lifestyle and eating habits. I’ve discovered that I prefer almond milk to regular, for instance, and Daiya’s coconut based yogurt is a new favorite of mine. Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternative is made with rich and creamy coconut cream, but has the same taste and texture of traditional yogurt. It has 6 to 9 grams of plant-based protein per serving, plus the probiotic benefits of yogurt. Their new Plain and Vanilla varieties will soon be available in 5.3 oz and 16 oz containers, joining an existing fruit-filled assortment that includes Peach, Black Cherry, Strawberry and Blueberry.
You can check out their whole line of products here. They also have a handy store locator so you’ll know where to find them.
Papaya Breakfast Boats
- 1 ripe papaya
- 2 single serving containers of Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternative
- assorted fruit
- chia seeds, flax seeds, or pepitas
- honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, or coconut syrup
- Cut the papaya in half lengthwise. Scoop out the black seeds and discard.
- Fill each papaya half with one container of yogurt. Top with fruit of your choice.
- Sprinkle on seeds and drizzle with honey.
- Assemble your papaya breakfast boats just before serving. If you like, you can prep your fruit earlier, and keep under damp paper towels in the refrigerator. Cut, fill, and top your papaya just before serving.
- You can also use ripe melons as bowls, if you don’t care for papaya.
- If you love the idea of yogurt and fruit for breakfast, also try my BEAUTIFUL BREAKFAST TART, it would be delicious with Daiya yogurt. And you could use Daily plain or vanilla Greek yogurt alternative in my RHUBARB GREEK YOGURT POPSICLES.
Questions and Reviews
I love this simple way to make an elegant, delicious breakfast. Nice and healthy, too!!
I love these gorgeous boats! The tropical flavors make them the perfect summery breakfast!
Beautiful!! I love these papaya boats! They’re perfect for summer!