The Frozen Turkey is delicious adult cocktail for Thanksgiving and beyond ~ this spiked ice cream milkshake made with Wild Turkey and Amaretto is guaranteed to become a new holiday tradition.
The frozen turkey is an adult milkshake cocktail for the adults at the table!
Let the kids have at the pies, this Wild Turkey and Amaretto laced butter pecan ice cream concoction is where it’s at. Reserve plenty of real estate on the holiday dessert table for this, I’m telling you, it’s going to be a huge hit. It’s dessert and after dinner cocktail rolled into one delicious frozen treat.
What will you need to make The Frozen Turkey?
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
This is the winterized version of my favorite summer drink, the Hummer, another adult milkshake.
This one gets dressed up with a quick drizzle of caramel sauce for the holidays. It’s sensational, but I don’t think I really even have to bother to try to describe the flavors and the textures of this, do I? I think you can imagine it just fine on your own…
Other whiskey spiked recipes to try
- IRISH WHISKEY ICE CREAM
- OVERNIGHT STEEL CUT OATS WITH WHISKEY BUTTER
- WHISKEY GLAZED BROWNIES
- IRISH WHISKEY BRAISED SHORT RIBS
The Frozen Turkey
- I pint container Häagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream
- 1 oz Wild Turkey 101
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Make the caramel sauce by mixing the sugar, cream, butter and salt in a saucepan and heating to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, then pour into a jar and let cool. If the sauce thickens too much after cooling, microwave it for a few seconds.
- For the cocktail, blend the ice cream, the Wild Turkey and the Amaretto in a blender until smooth. Serve in fancy glasses garnished with a drizzle of the sauce.
- If you'd like to make this ahead, put the whole blender back in the freezer after blending and then give it a quick re-blend right before serving.
notes and variations
- You can actually blend this up before your guests arrive, and then stash the whole blender in the freezer. The alcohol will prevent it from freezing solid, and you can give it a quick blend right before serving
- Experiment with other combinations of ice cream and liquor!