Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce is a simple 4 ingredient sauce that elevates everything from pretzels and french fries, to burgers and brats. Whether you dip, dab, slather or smear it, it’s always delish.
What couldn’t benefit from a little maple mustard dipping sauce?
Food that can be dipped is the best food, in my book. I made this maple mustard dipping sauce for my delicious soft pretzel focaccia bread, but quickly realized that its potential went far beyond just that one recipe. It’s destined for so so much more!
This sauce is simple to whip up, and would make an amazing french fry dip, condiment for burgers and brats, or even a simple, creamy sauce to serve with roasted chicken.
It’s all about the flavor balance ~
There are only a handful of ingredients in this recipe, but each one has an important job to do.
- Mayo makes up the bulk of the recipe and keeps it nice and creamy and smooth.
- Mustard (I used German style) packs a savory, sharp flavor punch.
- Maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and caramel-y complexity. You can also use honey.
- A touch of apple cider vinegar adds that all important acidity to round everything out.
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper bring it all into focus.
How you’re going to use this maple mustard sauce ~
- The original inspo: it’s perfect served with soft pretzels, or my pretzel focaccia, of course
- It makes a zippy french fry dip
- Top burgers or brats with it
- Onion rings, duh
- Pair it with my epic fried olives.
- Use it in a fall chicken salad
- Spread a thin layer on bread for grilled cheese or your favorite sandwich
- Use as a dip for all sorts of other fried snacks like zucchini fries, mozzarella balls, or portobello fries
More delicious sauces and dips ~
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
- Roasted Jalapeno Ketchup
- 30-second Tartar Sauce
- Chili Dipping Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl until blended. Give it a taste and feel free to adjust it any way you like.
- That's it! Keep in the fridge until ready to use. It will keep for a couple of weeks, tightly sealed.