Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce is a simple 4 ingredient sauce that elevates everything from pretzels and french fries, to burgers and brats. Whether you dip, dab, slather or smear it, it’s always delish.
What couldn’t benefit from a little maple mustard dipping sauce?
Food that can be dipped is the best food, in my book. I made this maple mustard dipping sauce for my delicious soft pretzel focaccia bread, but quickly realized that its potential went far beyond just that one recipe. It’s destined for so so much more!
This sauce is simple to whip up, and would make an amazing french fry dip, condiment for burgers and brats, or even a simple, creamy sauce to serve with roasted chicken.
It’s all about the flavor balance ~
There are only a handful of ingredients in this recipe, but each one has an important job to do.
- Mayo makes up the bulk of the recipe and keeps it nice and creamy and smooth.
- Mustard (I used German style) packs a savory, sharp flavor punch.
- Maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and caramel-y complexity. You can also use honey.
- A touch of apple cider vinegar adds that all important acidity to round everything out.
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper bring it all into focus.
How you’re going to use this maple mustard sauce ~
- The original inspo: it’s perfect served with soft pretzels, or my pretzel focaccia, of course
- It makes a zippy french fry dip
- Top burgers or brats with it
- Onion rings, duh
- Pair it with my epic fried olives.
- Use it in a fall chicken salad
- Spread a thin layer on bread for grilled cheese or your favorite sandwich
- Use as a dip for all sorts of other fried snacks like zucchini fries, mozzarella balls, or portobello fries
More delicious sauces and dips ~
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
- Roasted Jalapeno Ketchup
- 30-second Tartar Sauce
- Chili Dipping Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce is a simple 4 ingredient sauce that elevates everything from pretzels and french fries, to burgers and brats. Whether you dip, dap, slather or smear it, it's always delish.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp creamy yellow mustard (I used German-style)
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl until blended. Give it a taste and feel free to adjust it any way you like.
- That's it! Keep in the fridge until ready to use. It will keep for a couple of weeks, tightly sealed.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Serving: 1 Tbsp · Calories: 54 kcal · Carbohydrates: 1 g · Protein: 0.2 g · Fat: 5 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g · Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 0.01 g · Cholesterol: 3 mg · Sodium: 76 mg · Potassium: 10 mg · Fiber: 0.1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 7 IU · Vitamin C: 0.01 mg · Calcium: 4 mg · Iron: 0.1 mg
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although The View from Great Island attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Did You Make This?We love seeing what you’ve made! Tag us on social media at @theviewfromgreatisland for a chance to be featured.
Questions and Reviews
What do you mean by creamy mustard?
Thanks so much,
I mean a smooth yellow mustard as opposed to a grainy one, Katherine, but really, you can use what you like.
Thank you so much. We are hunkering down for a large snowstorm and this will be a hit 🙂
I really enjoy your recipes. They are consistently great!
You always come up with the best ideas for us Sue and this is no exception! No doubt this dip will accompany our next comfort food dish. Thanks!