“I just tried this and it was phenomenal!!!! And it was so quick and easy. Definitely something I’ll be keeping in the fridge.” ~ Heather
My 30 second Caesar salad dressing recipe comes together almost instantly…it’s a real game changer! The creamy dressing can be used on salads, as a sandwich or burger spread, or as a dip for fries and veggies.
authentic Caesar salad dressing with your immersion blender
This is the thick, tangy, cheesy Caesar dressing of your dreams, and it turns a plate of lettuce and croutons into a sensuous feast. You don’t have to buy the expensive stuff in the refrigerator case that’s made with additives and less than top notch ingredients. This one is whipped up right in your own kitchen, in 30 seconds, from fabulous ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and Dijon mustard. You’ll have a whole mason jar full of the stuff at your disposal. Have your way with it on salads, of course, but don’t underestimate its other talents as a dip, a sandwich spread, and a mayo substitute in things like deviled eggs etc.
it all started with my 30 second mayonnaise
It was one of those ‘aha!’ moments in the kitchen. Once I realized how versatile that easy process was, I started to look for other ways to use it. Here’s how it works — all the ingredients go into a large glass, and with the flip of the switch on your handy immersion blender they transform into a gourmet dressing before your eyes. It’s a little bit of instant luxury, and it’s pretty cool.
what you’ll need for this Caesar salad dressing recipe
These simple ingredients are all you need to make the thick creamy Caesar salad dressing of your dreams…
- Parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- anchovies or anchovy paste
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- an immersion blender (or regular blender)
how to make caesar salad dressing with an immersion blender
- Put all the ingredients in a wide mouthed mason jar, or use the jar that came with your immersion blender. Make sure your egg and oil are at room temperature.
- Put the head of your immersion blender down into the jar, and turn on. Blend, pulling up as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. This will only take a few seconds.
- Give it a stir, and then taste to adjust the seasoning. Tasting is key to getting it just perfect. You may want a little more anchovy, or lemon. I always add more cracked pepper.
- Refrigerate promptly.
tips and faqs for homemade caesar salad dressing
If you don’t have an immersion blender, no worries, this Caesar dressing can be made in a regular blender. Put everything BUT the oil in the blender and blend to combine. Then, with the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil until the mixture emulsifies. Depending on the size of your blender you may need to double the recipe to have enough volume for this to work.
Definitely extra virgin olive oil, the best you can afford.
Raw eggs very rarely contain bacteria that can make you sick, so to avoid that risk you can use pasteurized eggs, which have been heated just enough to destroy any harmful bacteria, but not enough to cook the eggs. You’ll find pasteurized eggs in most supermarkets, and you will use them just like any other raw egg.
Absolutely, just be sure to taste and adjust the other flavorings to compensate.
I like to use my dressing within 2 weeks.
Yes, you can, the dressing will emulsify without the egg, but the texture will not be as creamy or rich.
more homemade salad dressing
- Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- The Best Vinaigrette in the World, according to Samin Nosrat
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Lemon Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
I use my IMMERSION BLENDER a lot in my kitchen. I have always used it to blend soups etc. right in the pot, but I have to say that ever since I discovered how easy it is to make HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE and dressings like this Caesar salad dressing, it’s become one of my most beloved tools. It’s not expensive, it’s very easy to clean because the top screws right off for rinsing, and it has a solid, heavy feel to it.
Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- an immersion blender or regular blender
- 1 pasteurized egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup olive oil, mild or extra virgin, your choice, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (add 1 more clove if you love garlic)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- Put all the ingredients in a large mason jar. Make sure your egg and oil are at room temperature.
- Put an immersion blender down into the jar, and turn on. Blend, pulling up as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. This will only take a few seconds. Give it a stir, and then taste to adjust the seasoning. Tasting is key to getting it just perfect. You may want a little more anchovy, or lemon. I always add more cracked pepper.
- Keep refrigerated and eat within two weeks.