No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars ~ an easy no egg recipe for cookie dough lovers of all ages!
*NOTE: The FDA has recently warned that while it is unlikely, eating raw flour can make you ill, therefore they recommend against eating raw cookie dough or other products made with uncooked flour.
I consciously try to keep things jumping here at TVFGI, I never want you to get too comfortable, and I certainly don’t want to be predictable…just when it seems like I’m all about fresh summer salads and grilled fish, I’ll throw some cookie dough at you. Keeps the taste buds on their toes.
Ha! I’m acting like this was a rational choice…rather these bars called out to me from the pages of Pinterest and I was a goner right from the start. I’m not sure what it was that snared me…probably the cute speckled dalmatian pattern that those mini chips make in the dough, or those waves of pure chocolate on top, or maybe it was just the name…chocolate chip cookie dough bars…it rolls off the tongue and leaves you with an irresistible craving.
When it comes to raw cookie dough I’m a big coward — I never touch the stuff, so these eggless bars have a little bit of an illicit appeal for me. Cut them in small pieces, they’re rich.
The bars are best kept in the fridge until ready to serve, and best eaten while still chilled. The texture will be like fudge when chilled, but will soften as it sits at room temperature.
If you are concerned about eating raw flour, check out my recipe for NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS, where I share a method for pasteurizing your own flour.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (no need to get out every last drop)
- 1 12-ounce bag (about 2 cups) mini chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar and salt together until fluffy. I use my stand mixer, but you don't have to. Just beat it really good so it's light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the condensed milk and the flour, alternately, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper with long ends so you can lift out the bars for easy cutting later. You can skip the paper if you want to cut and serve them right out of the pan.
- Turn the dough out into the pan and pat down evenly with your hands. You may want to flour your hands as the dough is sticky. Smooth it out evenly, I used an offset spatula to finish the job.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, (about 4 hours) or even overnight if you like. The texture will be similar to a fudge.
- To make the chocolate topping, put the semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave for one minute. Stir, and then return to the microwave for short bursts of 15 seconds until the chocolate is totally smooth and melted. Don't over heat.
- Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes, and then pour onto the dough. Spread out evenly. Return to the refrigerator until the topping is firm. Cut into 16 squares.
- Keep the bars in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Just slightly adapted from Wishes and Dishes
Make it your own ~
- If you love cookies and cream, try my NO BAKE COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIE DOUGH BARS.
- Love chunky cookie dough? I’ve got you covered with I WANT TO MARRY YOU COOKIE DOUGH BARS.
don’t forget to pin these no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars!