This Strawberry Jalapeño Marinated Flank Steak Salad is a deliciously gorgeous way to welcome warm weather. It’s a main course salad that really packs a punch when it comes to flavor thanks to a marinade that doubles as a vinaigrette!
We had this Strawberry Jalapeño Marinated Flank Steak Salad for dinner two nights in a row and I knew I just had to share it with you. The zippiness of the of the fruit and the buttery richness of the meat complement each other perfectly. The marinade flavors and tenderizes the steak, and does double duty as the dressing for the salad. The unexpected combination of strawberries, steak, and jalapeño peppers is wonderful. This is also a satisfying salad that makes a great main course!
The grilled, sliced steak goes atop a simple salad of watercress, strawberries, and a little thinly sliced red onion, which really gives it a nice savory touch and balances out the sweetness of the berries. I finished the salad with halved soft boiled eggs, still steaming, for an extra boost of protein. The reserved marinade serves as the vinaigrette for the salad, saving time and energy, which I love.
The warm steak and eggs play nicely against the crisp greens, and the fiery jalapeño battles it out with the sweetness of the berries in the dressing… delish. Of course you could also use baby spinach or arugula in place of the watercress if you like, really any salad green would work great.
I love using a grill pan for recipes like this–they are a great way to get a nice sear and grill marks on food even when it might not be grilling weather.
Reader Rave ~
“This was SO delicious. We threw in some feta because we had some kicking around and it was a lovely addition. We are definitely making this again!” ~ Lizzy
Strawberry jalapeno Marinated Steak Salad
strawberry jalapeno marinade/dressing
- 2 cups (about 8-9 large strawberries halved
- 2 jalapenos
- 8 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 Tbsp mild vinegar I use O Olive Oil's Champagne Vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
- 4 large handfuls of watercress or arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion halved and very thinly sliced
- 12 strawberries sliced
- 4 eggs soft boiled and halved
- Put the strawberries in the bowl of a food processor. Cut the stems off of the jalapenos and chop them into a few pieces and place it into the bowl as well, seeds and all. Process for about a minute until everything is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the machine a couple of times to get everything smoothly pureed. You should have about 1 cup of puree.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine well. Taste the marinade and adjust it if you think it needs more lemon, or more salt, etc. Reserve half the marinade to use for salad dressing.
- Put the flank steak in a large zip lock baggie and pour in the remaining marinade. Remove any excess air and zip up the bag. Massage to coat the meat well, and then store flat on a plate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Grill the steak over a hot grill to your desired doneness. Flank steak is thin, and mine only took a few minutes on each side. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Set out 4 dinner sized plates and divide the greens among them. Scatter on the onions and sliced strawberries. Drizzle a little dressing over each.
- Add the sliced steak and the halved eggs. Drizzle with more dressing and serve while the steak and the eggs are still warm.
Thanks for pinning this Strawberry Jalapeño Marinated Flank Steak Salad!
More jalapeño love
- STRAWBERRY JALAPEÑO SALSA
- CHEESEBURGER JALAPEÑO POPPERS
- PINEAPPLE JALAPEÑO POPSICLES
- JALAPEÑO GOAT CHEESE