Pitcher Cocktails are a host’s best friend. Make-ahead friendly, these delicious drinks won’t keep you tied to the bar cart for the whole party! From sangria and spritzes to juleps, margaritas, and more, I’ve got summer’s best pitcher cocktails ready and waiting…
VODKA pitcher cocktails
Vodka is the most versatile liquor in the bar. Because it has such a clean, neutral flavor, vodka is the perfect base for all sorts of pitcher cocktails. Use vodka when you really want the natural flavors of your drink to shine through, especially light fruity flavors.
HIBISCUS CHERRY VODKA SPRITZ ~ Half Baked Harvest
- BLACKBERRY AND GINGER COCKTAIL ~ Bon Appetit
- VANILLA GREYHOUND PITCHER COCKTAIL ~ Brooklyn Homemaker
- BLOODY MARY PITCHER ~ Grey Goose
RUM pitcher cocktails
Rum is one of my favorites, perfect when you want a summery, island vibe for your pitcher cocktail. From crisp mojitos to exotic tikis, there’s a rum drink for every mood.
INVERNESS COCKTAIL PITCHERS ~ Honestly Yum
- MOJITO PITCHER ~ The Live-In Kitchen
- PINEAPPLE SANGRIA ~ Fed and Fit
- BLOOD ORANGE BLACKBERRY RUM PUNCH ~ Heather Christo
- HONEY FLORAL ICED TEA PITCHER COCKTAIL ~ The Inspired Home
WHISKEY pitcher cocktails
Whiskey might not sound like your summertime alcohol of choice, but it makes a great and unexpected addition to a fruity sangria, and forms the base for the classic mint julep!
GREEN IRISH WHISKEY SANGRIA ~ Sugar & Charm
- STRAWBERRY PEACH SWEET TEA JULEP PITCHER ~ Half Baked Harvest
- SAZERAC PITCHERS ~ Real Simple
- SPIKED LEMONADE SWEET TEA ~ Southern Living
TEQUILA pitcher cocktails
A pitcher of margaritas is about as classic as it gets, so be sure you’ve got an ample supply of tequila on hand before your next gathering. Tequila works great with summer fruit like melons, mangoes, guava, and berries, as well as citrus of all kinds.
CLASSIC PITCHER MARGARITAS ~ College Housewife
- EASY PITCHER PALOMAS ~ Fed and Fit
- WATERMELON COOLER ~ Saveur
- STRAWBERRY BASIL MARGARITA PITCHER ~ The Kitchn
GIN pitcher cocktails
Gin’s assertive juniper flavor likes to shine, so keep the flavors light…citrus, cucumber, tonic, etc.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PITCHERS ~ The Inspired Home
- CHAMOMILE GIN COCKTAIL ~ Bon Appetit
- LAVENDER PEA LEMONADE PITCHER ~ @COLLJEFFERS
- BLACKBERRY COLLINS ~ Bon Appetit
- GIN & TONIC PITCHERS ~ Field & Stream
WINE pitcher cocktails
Wine is the the perfect canvas for a cooling summer drink. Just about any fruit you can think of makes a delicious, cooling sangria, and the great thing is you can use an inexpensive red, white, or rosé (traditional is red.) As a rule the whites do well with citrus, and the rosés and reds are wonderful with berries and stone fruits ~ but mix and match!.
GINGER CANTALOUPE SANGRIA ~ Kitchen Confidante
- SPICY WATERMELON SANGRIA ~ How Sweet Eats
- SWEET TEA SANGRIA ~ The Cookie Rookie
- MIMOSA PITCHERS ~ Diethood
- SUMMER PEACH AND BASIL SANGRIA ~ The View From Great Island
For the non-drinkers and under-agers in your group there are tons of delicious and stunning options from exotic lemonades and iced teas to creative pitcher mocktails.
MAPLE LEMONADE WITH PEACHES AND THYME ~ Wallflower Kitchen
- HONEY SWEETENED FRESH CHERRY LIMEADE ~ Vanilla and Bean
- BLUEBERRY LEMONADE ~ The View From Great Island
- SOUTHERN SWEET TEA ~ Lipton
- WATERMELON LIME MOCKTAIL ~ Eat Yourself Skinny
- WATERMELON LEMONADE ~ Sugar & Charm