This easy White Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookie recipe makes the perfect delicate, light shortbread cookies. The slice and bake dough freezes well, too, so you can bake them up whenever the urge strikes!
I just chalk it up to biorhythms. It’s been a few weeks of veggies, fruits, salsas, and gazpachos around here, and I’m feeling like something’s missing. I can’t help it, it’s chemical. When I go too long without anything sweet I tend to forage in the kitchen after dinner, sometimes I’ll land on a bag of chips, other times maybe the jar of peanut butter. That’s my signal to get baking.
Like my other shortbread cookie recipes, these are simple to make out of a very few basic ingredients. The slice and bake method means you can easily prepare the dough ahead of time and slice and bake it whenever. Make one, or the whole batch, it’s up to you.
TIP: Spoon some softened vanilla ice cream between two of these cookies, then wrap and chill. Yum.
you know you want one…
White Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks 16 tablespoons/1 cup/8 ounces/220 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Set oven to 325F
- Cream the butter and the sugar together. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, chocolate chips, and pecans and mix well.
- Form into an 11-12 inch log on a piece of waxed or parchment paper. Roll the log in the paper, smoothing it out as you go. Twist the ends to secure.
- Refrigerate the log for about 2 hours.
- Slice the log into 3/8 inch slices and place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies are just turning a light brown around the edges. The centers will still be quite pale.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet to firm up for a few minutes before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack.
- For a flourless gluten free white chocolate chip cookie try my Flourless White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies.
- I always eat one cookie hot from the oven. Just saying.