This 3 minute miracle chocolate mousse takes just 2 ingredients for the fastest, creamiest, richest chocolate mousse of your dreams.
I hope you’re a speed reader because you’re going to want to get started on this 3 minute miracle chocolate mousse asap. Do you love chocolaty, creamy, spoon-able desserts? This one’s for you. A chocolate mousse so rich, so dreamy, so quick, it defies all reason…and yet, here it is. A must make. Today!
Do I really mean 3 minutes? Yes, I do. Scroll on.
what’s in this 3 minute miracle chocolate mousse?
- HEAVY CREAM
- use heavy cream, with at least 36% fat for best results. Just one cup of cream will make 4 servings of mousse.
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE
how does 3 minute miracle mousse work?
Chocolate mousse is famous for its light airy texture. When you whip cream with chocolate fudge sauce you combine the airiness of the whipped cream with the thickening effect of the chocolate and the result is a dreamy light mousse texture that rivals more complicated recipes. Be sure to chill your mousse before enjoying: the texture magically changes from a rich chocolatey whipped cream to a firm spoon-able mousse after a few hours in the fridge. Yum!!
how to make 3 minute chocolate mousse, step by step
step 1. put cold cream in a deep bowl.
Use electric beaters to whip the cream for about a minute on medium speed, just to get it foamy.
step 2. Add room temperature hot fudge sauce
Add the hot fudge sauce straight from the jar, do not heat it first, it should be room temperature. Note: if your fudge sauce has been refrigerated, bring it to room temperature before using.
step 3. Whip until thick!
Whip on medium speed until you start to see the beaters leaving faint trails in the mixture. Pay attention and keep beating until the trails become more defined and your mousse is nice and thick. Lower your mixer speed if that helps you control the process.
Step 4. Chill
Spoon your mousse into small bowls or glasses. The chocolate mousse will thicken further as it chills and develops a really lovely texture. Don’t skip this step even though it will be tempting to devour the mousse right after whipping (lick the beaters instead.)
how to serve your 3 minute chocolate mousse
Mousse is a rich decadent dessert and it doesn’t really need anything with it. Sometimes I’ll top it with shaved chocolate, or fresh berries, but that’s it! This is one dessert that can (and should) stand on its own.
if you love 3 minute chocolate mousse you’ll also love
- Fresh Lemon Mousse
- Dreamy Nutella Mousse Pie!
- Milk Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Creme Anglaise (easy custard sauce)
- How to Make Chantilly Cream
- One Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter Pie
- How to Eat Chocolate in Summer!
3-Minute Miracle Chocolate Mousse!
- electric beaters
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/3 cup hot fudge sauce, at room temperature, homemade hot fudge recipe here.
- Put your cold cream in a deep bowl or glass measuring cup and begin by beating it on medium speed for about a minute, just to get it foamy.
- Add your room temperature hot fudge sauce and continue beating on medium speed, moving your beaters around the bowl as you go.
- Once you notice the beaters beginning to leave faint trailing marks in the mixture, pay attention! The marks will soon become more defined and the mousse will hold stiff peaks. Note: by stiff peaks I just mean that when you pull your beaters out of the mousse it will hold a peak without drooping before falling back onto itself. But the mousse will still have a soft consistency.
- Spoon the mousse into individual serving bowls and chill until ready to enjoy. Mousse will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
- If you’d like an even deeper chocolate mousse you can experiment with using more fudge sauce.
- You can add a teaspoon of vanilla or vanilla bean paste if you like.