Baked Brie with Apples, Pecans, and Maple Syrup is an appetizer that gathers together so many fall favorites…with gooey molten cheese and maple syrup, caramelized apples and crunchy roasted pecans, it’s no wonder people just want to hang out by this appetizer all night.
This post is is sponsored by SweeTango®, and as you know, I greatly appreciate your support of my brand partners — I only work with companies that I love.
baked brie is the ultimate party appetizer
It’s hard to beat baked Brie. Or toasted pecans, warm maple syrup, and crunchy SweeTango apples. And when you put them all together into one show stopper of an appetizer, all bets are off…
I love a crisp, crunchy apple
I look forward to that first bite into a perfect fall apple all year long, and SweeTangos are right up my alley. If you want to get scientific about it, Sweetango apples (like Honeycrisps) actually have larger cells than other varieties ~ and that means a better crunch. When you sink your teeth into one, those big juicy cells explode in your mouth. The flavor is a combo of sweet and tangy (hence the name.) SweeTangos actually hold the Guinness world record for loudest crunch, coming in at 79.1 decibels!
what you’ll need
For this appetizer you’ll need an apple, a 16 ounce wheel of Brie, a bag of pecan halves, and some good maple syrup. You’ll also need a broad, shallow ovenproof dish that you can also serve out of. Make sure there’s a little space all around for the extra apples, pecans, and maple syrup to collect. A pie plate works well.
TIP: Most large supermarkets sell wheels of Brie in the cheese section, and the good news is that they last a long time in your refrigerator, so you can stock up on a few and be ready to set out a fabulous appetizer at a moment’s notice.
how to make baked brie with apples
- Layer the toasted pecans around the outer edge of the cheese.
2. Load up the caramelized apples in the center, and drizzle with maple syrup.
3. It goes into the oven for about 40 minutes and comes out absolutely irresistible. The pecans are toasty, the apples are tender but still firm, the maple syrup is bubbling and the cheese is molten. Yum!
hot appetizers take the party to a whole new level
- Apple Butter Brandy Meatballs
- Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip
- Irresistible Broccoli Cheese Dip!
- Easy Baked Brie with Figs and Honey
- Mini Baked Brie en Croute
Baked Brie with Maple Apples and Pecans
- about 45 pecan halves
- 1 SweeTango apple peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 16 ounce wheel of Brie cheese
- pure maple syrup about 1 cup
- set oven to 350F
- Spread out the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, stirring once or twice, until fragrant. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the brown sugar, stir until dissolved. Add the apples and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the wheel of Brie in the center of your baking dish. Chop a few of the pecans for garnish, and arrange the others around the outer edge of the cheese, in 2 layers. Spoon the apples into the center, and arrange a few around the perimeter of the cheese. Top the apples with the chopped pecans.
- Heat the maple syrup in a small sauce pan until boiling and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples, it will spill down the cheese and onto the sides.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until everything is hot and the cheese is molten.
- Serve immediately with crackers or bread.
- The exact baking time will depend on whether your Brie is cold or at room temperature to begin with. You can poke the cheese to test it, it will feel soft when it’s done.
- You could also use spiced pecans for this recipe.