Blackberry Walnut Bran Muffins ~ these moist fruity muffins are full of healthy fiber to satisfy you and keep you satisfied.
Start the week off right, make a batch of bran muffins today. Here’s another of the many bran muffin variations I make throughout the year.
The blackberries and walnuts make a nice hearty combination. Freeze any extra muffins to eat later.
More Bran Muffins!
- Mixed Fruit and Nut Bran Muffins
- Zucchini Walnut Bran Muffins
- Cherry Almond Bran Muffins
- Date Nut Bran Muffins
- Buttermilk Bran Muffins
- Orange Walnut Bran Muffins
Blackberry Walnut Bran Muffins
- 1/2 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 6 oz container blackberries halved or rough chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the bran with the buttermilk and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a small bowl to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until well mixed. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Pour in the bran/buttermilk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the berries and nuts to the wet mixture and stir.
- Mix the dry into the wet until just incorporated, don't over mix.
- Fill 10 muffin cups and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.