Blackberry Walnut Bran Muffins ~ these moist fruity muffins are full of healthy fiber to satisfy you and keep you satisfied.
Start the week off right, make a batch of bran muffins today. Here’s another of the many bran muffin variations I make throughout the year.
The blackberries and walnuts make a nice hearty combination. Freeze any extra muffins to eat later.
More Bran Muffins!
- Mixed Fruit and Nut Bran Muffins
- Zucchini Walnut Bran Muffins
- Cherry Almond Bran Muffins
- Date Nut Bran Muffins
- Buttermilk Bran Muffins
- Orange Walnut Bran Muffins
Blackberry Walnut Bran Muffins
- 1/2 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 6 oz container blackberries, halved or rough chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the bran with the buttermilk and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a small bowl to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until well mixed. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Pour in the bran/buttermilk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the berries and nuts to the wet mixture and stir.
- Mix the dry into the wet until just incorporated, don't over mix.
- Fill 10 muffin cups and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although The View from Great Island attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Did You Make This?We love seeing what you've made! Tag us on social media at @theviewfromgreatisland for a chance to be featured.
Questions and Reviews
These were delicious! The combination of blackberry and walnut is so good. Thank you!