Grilled Apricots with Creme Fraiche & Pistachios is a healthy and unexpected dessert, the charred apricots are smokey, juicy, and delicious!
Summer ripe apricots are perfect for popping on the grill!
We’re all about to get inundated with stone fruits in the next few weeks, and most of us have been waiting around for them since sometime last January. They’re going to be ripe, and juicy and plentiful. So plentiful you might even start to run out of ways to use them. Enter this cute little idea.
This dish requires no skill at all. Just halve the fruit and plop them, cut side down, on a screaming hot grill pan. Leave them for a minute or so, then flip them over onto a plate, top with a dollop of creme fraiche (or yogurt) and a sprinkle of pistachios. The drizzle of pomegranate molasses makes the flavors pop, and you could substitute any really good fruity vinegar. It can be a first course, a salad, or a dessert.
Did you know you can make your own homemade Crème Fraîche?
Check out my post, here, for all the details.
Frilling intensifies an apricot’s flavor
But don’t worry, it doesn’t get mushy. You can also do this any stone fruit, like peaches, plums, and pluots. If you’re serving it as a dessert you might try sweetening mascarpone cheese with honey for the filling.
I have a recipe for making your own pomegranate molasses
It’s essentially just reduced pomegranate juice. It’s nice to know about because pomegranate molasses is an amazing flavor booster in so many recipes but it can be difficult to find in supermarkets.
More delicious apricot recipes to try ~
Grilled Apricots with Creme Fraiche, Pistachios and Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 ripe apricot per serving
- creme fraiche
- chopped pistachio nuts, I used roasted, unsalted, in their shell
- pomegranate molasses or good fruity vinegar
- Halve the apricots and carefully remove the pits.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat for a few minutes until it is very hot.
- Set the apricots face down on the grill pan and let cook, without moving, for a minute or two.
- Carefully remove the fruit and set on a plate, grilled side up.
- Top with a spoonful of creme fraiche and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Drizzle the fruit with the pomegranate molasses and serve.