Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a quick and easy one bowl recipe that showcases one of my favorite flavor combinations!
I don’t know about you but I can’t resist the combination of blueberries and lemon, it’s such a juicy, bright pairing, and they bring out the best in each other in this delicious pound cake. Blueberries are plentiful and cheap right now, so this will be our breakfast for the next couple of days.
I love quick breads that use oil rather than butter because they’re so easy to throw together. Grab a bowl and a whisk and you’re good to go with this one….
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 1 Tbsp extra for tossing with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Lemon juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard 9x5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend well.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, and fold them into the batter.
- Turn the batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until risen and done in the center, check with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze mix enough lemon juice with the sugar to make a spreadable consistency, start with 3 tablespoons.. Use more lemon juice to thin it, or add sugar to thicken.
- To make a richer cake, use sour cream instead of the yogurt.
- If you want to make this cake ahead, wrap it well in plastic and don’t glaze it until ready to serve.
don’t forget to pin it!
so many pound cakes, so little time…