My Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a quick and easy one bowl loaf cake recipe that showcases one of my favorite flavor combinations for spring and summer!
I don’t know about you but I can’t resist the combination of blueberries and lemon, it’s such a juicy, bright pairing, and they bring out the best in each other in this delicious pound cake. I’ve used the same flavor combination in my Blueberry Lemon Bars, my Blueberry Lemon Shortcake, and one of my all time favorites, my Blueberry Zucchini Snack Cake with lemon Buttercream.
Blueberries are plentiful and cheap in the summer, so this will be our breakfast for the next couple of days, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes another appearance around here pretty soon. It also makes a great snack, or a lovely dessert served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I love quick breads that use oil rather than butter because they’re so easy to throw together. No waiting for a stick of butter to soften on the counter ~ grab a bowl and a whisk and you’re good to go with this one! The hardest part is waiting while it bakes!
Reader Rave ~
“Made this last night and subbed sour cream for the yogurt like you suggested. Huge hit!
I love simple recipes that you can whip up in one bowl with a whisk and not have to dirty half the kitchen. Thank you!” ~ Jay
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a quick and easy one bowl loaf cake recipe that showcases one of my favorite flavor combinations for spring and summer!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 1 Tbsp extra for tossing with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Lemon juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard 9x5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend well.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, and fold them into the batter.
- Turn the batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until risen and done in the center, check with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze mix enough lemon juice with the sugar to make a spreadable consistency, start with 3 tablespoons.. Use more lemon juice to thin it, or add sugar to thicken.
make my blueberry lemon pound cake your own ~
- This cake would work well with a variety of summer berries–try blackberries or raspberries instead of the blueberries!
- You can also play with the flavoring in the glaze–vanilla or almond extract would be a nice addition, and you can thin it with a little milk or cream instead of the lemon juice if you prefer.
- To make a richer cake, use sour cream instead of the yogurt.
- If you want to make this cake ahead, wrap it well in plastic and wait to glaze it until you are ready to serve.
Thanks for pinning this Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake!