It’s that time of year again. Classes start for both my girls this week, and I want to get off a couple of care packages so that they arrive right at the beginning of their year. A good care package should be lovingly packed with the taste of home, and that means no-fail family favorites, like these Peanut Butter Blondies, for one.
To make a successful care package you need to start at the crack of dawn. You need time to bake, cool and pack your goodies and then get them to the post office in time for an early pick up. I try not to pack too much so that it’s overwhelming, but enough so that they can share with new or old buddies. I always include napkins.
These are good for shipping because they will stay moist, thanks to the brown sugar and peanut butter. I’m going to wrap each one in plastic wrap for easy grabbing on the fly.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
oven to 350
line an 8×8 square baking pan with a sling of parchment or foil for easy removal and cutting
- Melt the butter either in a saucepan or in a microwavable mixing bowl
- Whisk in the sugars and peanut butter until thoroughly mixed.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour and salt and stir into the wet mixture. Then fold in the chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out moist but clean. Don’t over bake—treat these blondies as you would brownies and err on the underdone side.
Tomorrow I’ll be making my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. This recipe is a special one, my kids howl if they don’t get some right at the start of September, and it’s good enough to revisit.
See you tomorrow!