This Easy Almond Macaroon Cake is a one-bowl gluten free cake made with lots of almonds, and sweetened coconut ~ it’s elegant, simple, and delicious!
This cake is for macaroon lovers, coconut lovers, almond lovers, gluten free dessert lovers, and all the rest of you, for that matter. It couldn’t be easier to throw together and the result is a beautiful cake for brunch, afternoon snacking, or dessert. If you’re celebrating Passover this week, this cake would be perfect.
The cake is delicate, so I like to make it in a 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. That way I can lift it out and serve it on a platter for neat cutting. The pan is great for all kinds of tarts and quiches. If you don’t have a tart pan you can use a well prepped cake pan, but you’ll have to serve your cake from the pan.
Macaroon cake is all about the moist texture ~ and the flavor!
For a simple cake this one has a lot going on. An incredible texture, for instance. All that coconut and the almond flour makes for a super moist chewy bite, just what we love about macaroons. If you like your cakes super moist like I do, you’ll love it.
Other flourless desserts on the blog
- Flourless Walnut Cake
- 5 Mouthwatering Flourless Desserts
- Flourless Belgian Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Tangerine Cake
- Raspberry Pavlova
3 Simple steps to making a one bowl gluten free macaroon cake
- Beat eggs and sugar together until pale and glossy
- Fold in almond extract, coconut, and almond flour.
- Top with sliced almonds and bake.
This cake is a great candidate for making a day ahead because it’s so moist.
- Bake the cake and let it cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic or foil and keep on the counter.
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY CAKE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BAKING BOARD SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT.
JOIN ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE CREATIVE RECIPES ~ I LOVE TO PIN 🙂
Easy Almond Macaroon Cake
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus more for dusting the cake)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, packed
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10" inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a stand mixer fitted with the balloon whisk and beat on high for 4 to 5 minutes until pale and glossy. Don't skip this step. You can use electric beaters if you need to.
- Beat in the extract, then gently fold in the almond flour and coconut, and salt. Note: check your almond flour and coconut for lumps, and remove before adding. Mix just until thoroughly combined and no dry spots remain, but don't over mix!
- Spread evenly in your pan. Sprinkle the almonds over the surface, then dust with a little granulated sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm on top and lightly golden. A toothpick inserted in the center should not come out wet.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then run a thin offset spatula around the edges to loosen the cake. Let cool another 10 minutes, and gently remove the outer ring of the tart pan. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
notes and variations