Fabulously Fudgy One Bowl Brownies! Brownies are the ultimate pantry recipe, and this one is so simple you can memorize it for those times when you’re craving a little comfort. It makes enough to share, too!
If you feel the need to do a little ‘distractibaking’, brownies are the perfect choice ~ this easy one bowl recipe offers plenty of delicious diversion. And of course, like any great distracti-bake, it ends with something utterly irresistible to eat, which is the point of it all, now isn’t it.
Why I love this fudgy one bowl brownie recipe SO much!
The one bowl thing, it makes such a difference.
It bakes in a 9×13 pan, so everybody can have brownies, and we can even freeze some for later.
I love that they’re made with melted chocolate and not cocoa powder so they have a rich chocolate flavor.
They’re fudgy but not wet or gooey.
They have that nice crackly top.
These one bowl brownies have the perfect texture
You can see the texture of these brownies in the pics better than anything I can convey in words. It’s moist, definitely fudgy, and not cakey. But it’s not so wet that it doesn’t have a nice ‘crumb’… it’s brownie perfection! This will be my go-to brownie recipe from now on.
Baking tips for best brownies
- This recipe calls for melted chocolate. I like to use dark or bittersweet because it gives the best flavor payoff.
- When melting the chocolate (I use dark chocolate chips) I don’t melt them completely, there are still some lumps left, and that translates into tiny pockets of pure chocolate in the baked brownies. A definite plus.
- You’ve heard it a million times before, but don’t over-bake. An under-baked brownie is still delicious, but an over-baked brownie is just sad.
More from the pantry treats~
- The BEST Maple Walnut Blondies
- Pineapple Coconut Bars
- Black Bottom Coconut Squares
- Outrageous Almond Butter Skillet Blondies
WANT TO TRY THESE EASY ONE BOWL BROWNIES?
PIN THEM TO YOUR FAVORITE BAKING BOARD SO YOU DON’T LOSE THEM.
JOIN ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE CREATIVE RECIPES ~ I LOVE TO PIN 🙂
Fudgy One Bowl Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/3 cup or 8 ounces, dark chocolate chips (or dark chocolate cut in small pieces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F Grease and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. The paper is optional, I use it to lift the cooled brownies out for slicing.
- Put the butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Add the chocolate and stir. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, then stir again to mostly melt the chocolate. It's fine if there are some lumps left.
- Add the two sugars to the bowl with the chocolate and stir or whisk briskly to thoroughly combine.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they get completely incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt, and then fold in the flour.
- Turn the batter into your prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, just until set around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without batter clinging to it. The toothpick will be moist, however.
- Let cool before slicing.
notes and variations