This Fresh Grapefruit Mojito is a refreshing cocktail for a hot night…if you’ve got fresh mint from the garden, so much the better!
My sister is visiting this weekend so we broke into the GRAPEFRUIT INFUSED RUM and made fresh Grapefruit Mojitos…
The infused rum turned out very nice, it has a light citrusy essence of grapefruit. It infused for exactly a week, so if you wanted a stronger flavor you could let it go longer.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
- Small handful fresh mint leaves (spearmint is best)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice (about 1/2 a grapefruit)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 shots (about 3 ounces) of light rum
- 1 tsp Rose's Lime Juice (more or less to taste)
- a splash of blood orange juice or soda for color (you can find this at Trader Joe's, and in most grocery stores)
- scoop of ice
- Pellegrino or other sparkling water
- You can do this in a cocktail mixer if you want, but I do it right in the glass. Put the mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass along with the sugar and smash them a bit with the back of a spoon. If you have a muddler, use it.
- Add the grapefruit juice, fresh lime, rum, Rose's, and blood orange juice or soda if using, along with the ice. Stir gently.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and more mint leaves.
- Be sure to taste your drink and adjust it to suit you!
- Try this with other citrus like blood orange or tangerine.
- In my How to Make Homemade Fruit Liquer post I show you how to use all kinds of fruits to make customized liqueurs.