Gin and Jam ~ where has it been all my life? This 3 ingredient cocktail is the only one I’ll need this summer, it’s sweet, tart, refreshing, and incredibly simple to make!
Gin and jam is a straight from the pantry cocktail that tastes fresh and fruity
Whatever you do this summer, stay away from those fake fruit flavored spirits…they’re so artificial, and a simple gin and jam cocktail will give you the same effect with just three ingredients ~ gin, fruit jam or jelly, and a little lemon juice.
How to make a gin and jam cocktail
Happy surprise, it couldn’t be easier!
- Shake up 2 ounces of your favorite gin with a tablespoon of your favorite jam in a shaker full of ice. A dash of lemon juice is optional
- Strain and pour over ice.
Note: gin and jam has a reputation for being super sweet, and that’s because many recipes call for simple syrup, which I think is completely unnecessary ~ the jam brings plenty of natural sweetness to the party.
Raid your fridge and create your own unique gin and jam cocktail
Don’t toss those almost empty jam jars, you can make a fabulous cocktail with that last spoonful. You can use any kind of jam or jelly you like (I actually used an elderberry jelly) and the colors will be beautiful. But of course, the better the jam, the better the cocktail. And if you love to make jam, homemade would put this over the top. Here’s some inspiration from the blog…
- Rhubarb Vanilla Bean Jelly
- An Easy Blackberry Jam Recipe
- Sure-Jell Strawberry Jam
- Vanilla Bean Pluot Jam
- Peach Rhubarb Jam
- Clementine Jam
- Blood Orange Jam
Gin is the perfect summer spirit
Distilled with botanicals, especially piney juniper, gin seems to me like the perfect base for warm weather cocktails. It’s light like vodka, but with an earthy flavor that blends well with all kinds of fruit.
No shaker? No Problem!
Mix this cocktail up in a mason jar, and then pour through a strainer to serve.
More fun summer sips
- The Rhubarb Spring Fling
- Frozen Mint Lemonade (Limonana)
- Blackberry Moscato Slushies
- Blackberry Mojito Cocktail
- The Hummer Cocktail
- Honeysuckle Vodka Lemonade
Gin and Jam Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce (or 1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp jam (any kind you like!)
- Place all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice. Feel free to adjust the amount of lemon juice based on how sweet your jam is and how tart you like your cocktails.
- Shake well to break up the jam and allow the ice to melt slightly. This dilutes the cocktail and makes it nice and cold. Then strain, and pour. Enjoy your gin and jam straight up, or over ice (cubed or crushed.) Garnish with a lemon twist if you like.