Gone Loco Party Mix ~ the Ultimate No Bake Recipe! It’s all your guilty pleasures loaded into one epic snack mix, perfect for seeing the year out in style (don’t worry, you won’t remember anything in the morning.) It’s a little bit insane, and a little bit genius.
Are you ready to get crazy with the best darned snack mix you’ve ever tasted?
I know what you’re thinking…Sue’s cracked under the pressure of the busy holiday season. But you would be WRONG! I purposely gathered together all my favorite snackables into one blow-out no-holds-barred end-of-year celebratory bar mix. It’s my last hurrah before ‘healthy’ January shuts the party down, want to join me?
Let’s be clear that there are no cereal fillers (aka Chex) in this party mix. Cereal is ok for everyday snacking, but there’s no place for it in this ultimate party-like-there’s-no-tomorrow recipe. Every ingredient in this recipe is a bona fide flavor bomb.
Ingredients in Gone Loco party mix:
Of course substitute your own favorite guilty pleasures. Here we go!
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- White chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels
- Cheese puff balls
- Cocktail peanuts
- Wasabi peas
- Pretzel twists
- Japanese rice cracker medley
- Caramel corn
- French’s Fried Onions
- Carolina Bourbon BBQ peanuts
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Mesquite smoked almonds
- Salt and vinegar kettle chips
- Maui onion kettle chips
- Pork rinds
You still with me? Good.
You know the feeling when you walk into a bar to meet someone for a drink, and you’re super hungry because it’s the end of the day and you haven’t eaten in hours, and the first thing you notice is that little bowl of bar mix snacks? Those bowls aren’t even that exciting, usually just a few peanuts, pretzels, and Cheez-its mixed together, but they’re like the best thing you’ve ever tasted and you just can’t stop once you start. Well this party mix will give you that same sort of satisfaction, only it’s legit amazing.
Why I don’t bake my party mix recipe
Most party mixes are made with Chex cereal and crackers that need to be tossed with seasoned butter and baked to enhance their flavor. In my mix everything is seasoned individually already so there’s no need to do anything but toss and munch.
Here’s what to do with your gone loco party mix ~
- Make a big batch early in the holiday season.
- Serve (and eat) it with your pals throughout the holidays, especially NYE.
- Make extra to package in cellophane bags as food gifts.
- Make it again for all the game days.
- Act surprised (and humble) when those same friends demand that you make this for every party going forward. For the rest of your life.
If this recipe is a little too wacky for you, try my much more sedate Naughty and Nice Party Mix, you’ll love it. I’m always looking for super easy ways to feed friends, because getting together should be super chill and relaxing. Most of the time I either serve a snack mix or I go in the complete opposite direction and make up a healthy plate of raw veggies and a simple dip like my Tzatziki Dip or my Fire Feta.
Gone Loco Party Mix Recipe
- a LARGE bowl
- 1 cup Fritos cron chips
- 1 cup Flamin'Hot Cheetos
- 1 cup caramel popcorn
- 1 cup salt and vinegar kettle chips
- 1 cup Maui onion kettle chips
- 1 cup cheese puff balls
- 1 cup pork rinds
- 1 cup Goldfish crackers
- 1 cup mixed Japanese rice crackers
- 1 cup French's fried onions
- 1 cup Bourbon BBQ peanuts
- 1 cup Mesquite smoked almonds
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts or Spanish peanuts
- 1 cup pretzel twists or sticks
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 1 cup wasabi peas
- 1 cup white chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels
- Gently mix everything together in a very large bowl until everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve with a large scoop or spoon and provide small cups or bowls so people can help themselves.
- Party mix will keep 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.