I Want To Marry You Cookie Dough Bars are chocked full of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, oats, and pecans. There’s a little bit of everything in there, no wonder people tend to get romantic around them.
*NOTE: The FDA has recently warned that while it is unlikely, eating raw flour can make you ill, therefore they recommend against eating raw cookie dough or other products made with uncooked flour.
My CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS were so popular I couldn’t help but dream up variations…I have an obsessive brain like that. These I Want To Marry You Cookie Dough Bars are every bit as good, if not better than the first.
Grabbing tastes of regular raw cookie dough is so tempting, and so not smart. Raw eggs can be dangerous. This fun work around ditches the egg but keeps all the flavor. Since they’re no-bake, they are particularly suited to warm weather. Store them in the fridge and they’ll be ready when the urge strikes.
When you slice these — in very small pieces, please — you’ll see all the bits and pieces and make them so irresistible. They have a soft fudge-like texture, and a little goes a long way.
TIP: Concerned about eating raw flour? Check out my NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS where I show you how to pasteurize your own flour to make it safer.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag (11-12oz) dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the oats, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and the condensed milk alternately with each other, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Don't drain the can of condensed milk to the last drop, you may not need quite all of it.
- Fold in the chips and the nuts until well combined.
- Spread the thick dough into a 9x9 square baking pan that had been lightly sprayed. I line mine with parchment with long ends so I can lift it out after it's chilled for easy cutting. Spread the dough flat and even
- Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- To make the topping put the chocolate chips in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and then stir until completely melted and smooth. Zap for another 10-15 seconds if necessary. Let cool slightly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the dough and spread out evenly. Put back in the fridge until firm, about an hour.
- Slice the dough into small squares with a sharp knife. I let the pan sit out for a few minutes so the chocolate topping has a chance to soften a bit. Keep chilled.
make it your own ~
- Use your favorite gluten free flour mix to make these gluten free.
- Make cookie dough truffles by forming the dough into small balls, chilling them, and then dipping into the melted chocolate topping. Set on parchment paper and then chill until ready to eat.
don’t forget to pin these I Want to Marry You Cookie Dough Bars!