Jamie Oliver’s No Yeast Pizza ~ this crazy easy 30 minute pizza recipe is adaptable to all your favorite toppings, so scrounge around your fridge and cupboards and let’s get going!
No yeast pizza is so easy even kids and non-cooks can do it
If somebody told you you can have hot bubbly pizza, without using yeast, in 30 minutes, you’d jump at it, am I right? That’s how I felt when I saw Jamie make this on Youtube. It took me 30 minutes from start to finish, and that’s including the photos!! So let’s dive right in…
What you’ll need for no yeast pizza dough
You’ll mix it up and knead it a few times to bring it together and smooth it out.
- all purpose flour (Jamie uses self-rising flour, and if you use that you can skip the baking powder)
- baking powder
You’ll need no special equipment to make this easy pizza
The same skillet that you use to cook up your toppings is used to hold the dough. Cast iron is perfect because it gets super hot and maintains that heat evenly. The result is perfect pizza!
My cast iron pan gets a workout in my kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Chicken Skillet Dinner
- Almond Butter Skillet Blondies
- Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Cheesy Skillet Meatballs
- Cheddar Kale Skillet Cornbread
Topping ideas for no yeast pizza
You can ‘sauce’ your pizza, or just go ahead and pile on cheese and other toppings, it will work either way. I laid down a layer if shredded mozzarella (use whatever’s in your fridge) some chicken apple sausage, red onion, and the end of a jar of marinated tomatoes. Oh, and some green olives, too.
- meats: sausage, ham, bacon, ground beef, steak, chicken
- fresh veggies: onions, peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms
- sauce: tomato sauce, jarred Alfredo sauce, pesto
- from the pantry: sun dried tomatoes, anchovies, olives, marinated peppers
- grated cheese of any kind.
- fresh cheese: mozzarella, goat cheese, ricotta
With pizza it’s all about the heat!
The key is to slide your skillet into a blazing hot oven, 475 – 500F. Mine only seems to want to crank up to 475F, and that worked fine. The pizza will cook in about 10-15 minutes, and it’s easy to pop it right out of the pan with a spatula for slicing.
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY PIZZA?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE DINNER BOARD SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT.
JOIN ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE CREATIVE RECIPES ~ I LOVE TO PIN 🙂
No Yeast Pizza
- 10 inch cast iron skillet, or one that can go in the oven
- 2 cups (250 grams) all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- olive oil
- 6 small sausages in casings
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- pinch salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- a few green olives
- jarred marinated tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Measure out a cup (250ml) of water, and slow add, while stirring, just until a soft dough comes together. I usually need between a 1/2 and 3/4 of a cup. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more flour. If the dough is dry and won't come together, add more water slowly.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or two until it becomes smooth and elastic. Flour your hands if they're sticking. Cover loosely with plastic and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or other similar skillet that can to into the hot oven) on medium high with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Squeeze the sausage meat out of their casings, right into the pan. Stir in the Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the onions, olives, and tomatoes and stir fry for a few minutes until the sausage is nicely browned. Remove everything to a plate.
- Put the dough into the same pan and pat it out to the edges with your fingers. Lay down a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese, then put the toppings on and spread them out evenly. Add a little more cheese over that, if you like.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Slide out of the pan to slice.
notes and variations