Multi Grain Raisin Walnut Bran Muffins ~ healthy fiber filled bran muffins that help you start the day with lots of energy.
I hate to be predictable.
But I need to drop a few pounds.
I don’t know how it happened.
I swear I wasn’t gorging on holiday sweets.
It was only a handful of chips here.
And a truffle or two there.
You too? Not to worry, I’ve got a plan.
Also try ~
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup jumbo raisins
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup barley flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the brans, the buttermilk and the nuts and raisins together in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes, then add the eggs, one at a time, and the molasses and vanilla.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk mixture to the creamed butter mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups and bake for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.