No Bake Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough Bars are a cookie lovers dream, combining crushed Oreos®, classic cookie dough, and a creamy white topping. This recipe has no raw eggs or all-purpose flour so it’s safe to eat!
*NOTE: The FDA has recently warned that while it is unlikely, eating raw flour can make you ill, therefore they recommend against eating raw cookie dough or other products made with uncooked all-purpose wheat flour. I have updated this recipe to use oat flour.
I’m a little bit like a dog with a bone when I get a hold of a great idea, and easy no-bake cookie dough bars is one of those ideas. The ‘cookie dough’ base is made without eggs but tastes exactly like the raw dough we all want but can’t have — the illicit angle just adds to the pleasure. This latest in my series is just one more bit of evidence that I’m obsessed with everything cookies ‘n cream. (I’ve even made COOKIES AND CREAM PEANUT BUTTER.)
These bars have chopped cookies mixed right in, so you’ll get a little crunch in every bite. The first time I made these I finely crushed the cookies before adding them which resulted in a chocolatey base. It tasted great but I didn’t think it ‘read’ as sufficiently ‘cookies and cream’, so I went back to the drawing board.
This is quite rich, and is more like a fudge-y candy that a brownie or a blondie, so cut them in small pieces.
If you’re a closet cookie dough lover you’re going to want to try all my cookie dough treats. The first one I created was the classic: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS. Then I loaded in a few more yummy ingredients in my I WANT TO MARRY YOU COOKIE DOUGH BARS. And finally, for pb lovers, my NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BARS. I think that ought to satisfy you in the cookie dough department for a good long time 🙂
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup i stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups oat flour * I've updated this recipe and replaced the all purpose flour with oat flour for safety.
- 10 Oreo® cookies chopped
- 12 ounces white chocolate or white candy confectionery
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil i used coconut
- 1 Oreo®cookie finely crushed
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the salt and vanilla, and then add the oat flour and condensed milk, alternately, until combined. Blend in the crushed cookies and just mix lightly until they are distributed.
- Lightly spray a 8x8 square baking pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper or foil so that the ends extend over the sides. This is so you can lift the chilled bars out for easier cutting. It's optional.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the pan with your fingers, making sure it is evenly spread out across the whole pan. Smooth out the surface.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, (about 3-4 hours) or even overnight if you like. The texture will be similar to a fudge.
- To make the chocolate topping, put white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave for one minute. Stir, and then return to the microwave for short bursts of 15 seconds until the chocolate is totally smooth and melted. Don't over heat. Stir in most of the crushed cookie crumbs, reserving a few to sprinkle over the top.
- Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes, and then pour onto the dough. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top.
- Return to the refrigerator until the topping is firm. Cut into 16 squares.
- Keep the bars in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Make sure you fluff your flour before scooping it and leveling it off. If your dough seems on the dry side, feel free to add a little more of the condensed milk.
- Go easy on the heat when you melt your white topping, low and slow is best, with lots of stirring in between. If it seems thick, add a bit more vegetable oil.
- If you don't like white chocolate, use semi sweet, it will be just as good.
- Obsessed with cookies and cream like I am? Try my COOKIES AND CREAM BARK, or my COOKIES AND CREAM POPSICLES, or my COOKIES AND CREAM PEANUT BUTTER!