Roasted Black Grapes is a quick and easy appetizer that’s elegant, unexpected, and absolutely fabulous!
You can’t afford not to make this. If it turns out you love it, you’ll have a ridiculously easy appetizer in your arsenal for the rest of your life. And since black grapes are super healthy, and even known to slow down the aging process, that could be a pretty long time…
Grab the best grapes you can find. They can be any color, but I chose black because I think they have the best flavor. Be sure to taste them first; if the grapes taste blah, chances are cooking them isn’t going to improve the situation. If they taste great fresh, they will taste fabulous roasted. And don’t forget— they need to be seedless! (Trader Joe’s has a good selection)
If you want you can get a little boozy with this appetizer, add some red wine to the olive oil and vinegar. Or some cognac.
Spoon it over the most decadent cheese you can think of… in my case that would be St Andre triple cream. That stuff is epic. Pile it all on a simple cracker and see if I’m not right.
Roasted Black Grapes
- 1 heaping cup black seedless grapes rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar use regular balsamic if you like
- juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- fresh thyme leaves
- Set oven to 425F
- Toss everything together and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, giving the pan a shake every now and then.
- Transfer to a serving dish, making sure to get all the good sauce, and serve with cheese and plain crackers or crusty bread.
Am I right, or am I right?