Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa

This Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa is really really good ~ juicy strawberries are tossed with lime, cilantro and finely minced red onion, with the added kick of jalapeño. You can use it on fish, tacos, chicken, meats, or just scoop it up with chips.

Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa ~ juicy strawberries tossed with lime, cilantro and finely minced red onion, with the added kick of jalapeño. Serve this healthy salsa with fish, tacos, chicken, steak, or just scoop it up with chips for the ultimate spring and summer appetizer!

Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa in a black bowl with limes and cilantro

Make this strawberry salsa your signature recipe this summer!

If you got a barbecue or potluck to go to this is going to be your best friend. It’s distinctive and I bet no one’s had it before. It’s sweet, tangy, and spicy ~ it’s got it all going on. Strawberries are at their peak right now, so go for it.

Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa in a large serving bowl

A great salsa has the power to transform a ho-hum meal into something really special.

I like to think outside the box as often as I can and come up with combinations I don’t see at the supermarket. It really does seem, with a few exceptions (hello bananas) that most fruits make amazing salsas. It shouldn’t surprise you because, technically, even the tomato is a fruit.

So far some of my favorites have been Pineapple SalsaApricot Salsa  and Cantaloupe Salsa, but Mango and Citrus salsas will always be my favorite favorites. If you love salsa as much as I do, try some of these others, and then come up with some of your own!

Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa in a mason jar

There’s no need to get persnickety about precise measurements with this strawberry jalapeno salsa because, really, you can just chop, drop, and taste as you go. These are just rough guidelines to help get you started.

Tips for making strawberry jalapeño salsa ~

• Remember, your salsa will only be as good as your strawberries ~ use red ripe berries and your results will be incredible.
  • Don’t make this much more than an hour or so before serving. Like all salsas, it will wilt and the fruit will get a little mushy. An hour is the optimal amount of time for the flavors to meld and the juices to start flowing. Longer than that and the salsa will slowly start to lose its fresh appearance.
  • If you plan to serve your salsa with chips, make sure to chop your berries fairly small.

Reader Rave ~

“I suck at coming up with my own recipes, but I am a champ at following them. We had a salsa contest at work and I decided to try making this. It is SO GOOD! I wanted it to be more salsa-y, so I threw everything into the Ninja and blended it up. IT WON!  ~ Steph

Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa

Juicy strawberries tossed with lime, cilantro and finely minced red onion, with the added kick of jalapeño.  You can use it on fish, tacos, chicken, meats, or just scoop it up with chips.  It's the perfect spring and summer appetizer!
Course Appetizer
Prep Time 10 minutes
Yield 6 servings

• 15-20 strawberries hulled and chopped into a very small, even dice
  • 1/3 medium red onion finely minced
  • handful of cilantro well rinsed, dried, and finely chopped
  • 1 Jalapeño pepper finely minced, seeds and all. (leave the seeds out for less heat)
  • juice of 1 lime
  • fresh cracked black pepper

• Mix everything in a bowl. Taste the salsa and adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
  • Chill until ready to serve.

Don’t forget to pin this amazing strawberry jalapeño salsa!

Tally
    March 21, 2016 at 2:08 am

Seriously genius!!

Steph
    July 17, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I suck at coming up with my own recipes, but I am a champ at following them. We had a salsa contest at work and I decided to try making this. It is SO GOOD! I wanted it to be more salsa-y, so I threw everything into the Ninja and blended it up. IT WON! Hubs and I get to go to a baseball game because of this delicious recipe, so thank you!! Also, I have shared it with at least 10 people, this is seriously some of the best salsa I’ve ever had. I followed the recipe, but next time I might try adding a second jalapeno to give it a touch more heat. 😀

July 18, 2015 at 7:10 am

I love this, thanks for letting me know Wooot!! The thing about the jalapenos is that some seem to be nice and hot and others are a bust. Go for Serrano peppers next time for some reliable extra heat. And enjoy that game 🙂

Stephanie Chapman
        July 18, 2015 at 10:31 am

Serranos! Great idea! This is my new “make for everyone” recipe. It’ll probably be made again next weekend. I’m addicted.

July 18, 2015 at 10:42 am

Are you eating it with chips, or alongside grilled meats and chicken, etc?

• Steph
            July 18, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Just tortilla chips at this point. It doesn’t last long. Hahaha

Chad
    May 13, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Going to try thIs on the weekend, but I think I’ll add about half teaspoon of Cholula hot sauce, and a tablespoon of EVOO.

May 14, 2015 at 10:10 am

Nice!!

Sharon Haynes
    June 11, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I looks great

Cherie
    May 31, 2014 at 9:40 am

Love this idea. This looks so yummy!

Salsa
    June 28, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Looks really good, will try it this weekend to create some for myself.

tumbleweed-contessa
    June 3, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I love everything about this salsa. The flavor combinations are great. The color is beautiful. And it would make a grilled chicken breast taste wonderful. Can’t wait to try this.

Aimee Christian
    June 1, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Love this, I serve it with cinnamon pita chips and it’s always gone. I’m pinning it to remind me to make it! I bought strawberries to make my family’s favorite strawberry cake, but I need to save some for this.

Cathy at Wives with Knives
    May 29, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Wow, that salsa is so beautiful! How could it not taste delicious.

grace
    May 28, 2013 at 4:27 pm

well, it definitely delivers in aesthetics! beautiful salsa, sue, and i’m sure the flavors sing too. 🙂

1 2 3