Memorizing a few simple gazpacho recipes is essential if you’re going to survive the rest of the summer without wilting. I’ve collected all versions of this classic Spanish chilled soup, from the most traditional and authentic, to fun creative spins.
CLASSIC gazpacho recipes
If you’re looking to get started with gazpacho, a traditional recipe is the way to go. It’s dead simple, and so much more than the sum of its parts. Grab some ripe tomatoes and some crisp veggies and keep reading…
The fun thing about gazpacho is that once you make it for the first time you can dispense with exact recipes thereafter. The basics can be combined and recombined in many different variations. The must-haves are ripe tomatoes, a good olive oil and Sherry vinegar.
- AUTHENTIC GAZPACHO ~ I love the bold red color of this simple soup. The rustic croutons add such a nice textural contrast.
- SPANISH GAZPACHO ~ This recipe is close to what you’d get served in Spain, with a smooth texture, thicken with torn pieces of bread.
FRUIT gazpacho recipes
Tomatoes are technically fruits, so it should come as no surprise that you can make a killer gazpacho with other fruit like apricots!
Apricots stand in for the tomatoes in this refreshing sweet recipe. Any stone fruit would work for this summery treat.
- PEACH GAZPACHO ~ this is just too pretty, and perfect for the ladies and gents who lunch.
- STRAWBERRY RASPBERRY JALAPENO GAZPACHO ~ the strawberry jalapeño combination has always been one of my favorites.
- WATERMELON GAZPACHO ~ the juicy cooling flesh of watermelon lends itself perfectly to gazpacho.
WHITE gazpacho recipes
White gazpacho is one of the most elegant and authentic Spanish variations on this theme. Although they look creamy, they’re made without any dairy ~ the beautiful white color comes from almonds!
This authentic variation on gazpacho is often garnished with halved green grapes, or cubed honeydew melon.
- WHITE GAZPACHO WITH PICKLED SHRIMP ~ adding shrimp makes this a meal!
- WHITE GAZPACHO WITH GRAPES AND APPLE ~ cubes of crustless bread are used to thicken this starter.
- WHITE GAZPACHO WITH LOBSTER ~ this elegant soup is as healthy as it is luxurious, with just 139 calories a serving!
SPIKED gazpacho recipes
I love this idea, it makes so much sense to add a bit of booze to gazpacho, making it part soup, part cocktail. Mix your favorite gazpacho with your favorite spirit and enjoy.
If you’re looking for that wow factor for your next brunch, you’ve just found it!
- SPIKED PEPPER GAZPACHO ~ with a large jalapeño in the ingredients, this one is spiked and spicy.
- TOMATO AND PEPPER GAZPACHO WITH SHERRY ~ I always use sherry vinegar in my gazpacho, but this one goes a step further…genius!
- GAZPACHO COCKTAIL ~ this recipe just calls a spade a spade ~your cocktail hour just got a whole lot more interesting 🙂
HEIRLOOM gazpacho recipes
If you ask me, heirlooms make the best gazpacho. It’s like playing with the rainbow and each variety of tomato results in a different hued soup. I love to mix and match the toppings for an explosion of color.
Hopefully this post will inspire you to investigate the world of heirloom tomatoes.
- SUNGOLD TOMATO GAZPACHO ~ this is beyond gorgeous.
- GRILLED HEIRLOOM TOMATO GAZPACHO ~ grilling, like roasting, intensifies and deepens the tomato flavor in this interesting soup.
- ROASTED RED PEPPER AND HEIRLOOM TOMATO SOUP ~ flame roasting the peppers for this soup makes all the difference.
CREATIVE gazpacho recipes
The concept of gazpacho, which is basically juicy raw tomatoes blitzed up with simple seasonings and then chilled, lends itself to the creative touch. These soups break with convention and bring a whole new dimension to gazpacho.
Speaking as a summer corn lover, this one is first on my must-try list.
- BEETROOT GAZPACHO WITH KEFIR AND WASABI ~ the color is insane. Just saying.
- GAZPACHO WITH CUCUMBER GRANITA ~ the presentation is like a painter’s palette!
- BREAKFAST GAZPACHO ~ I’m in!
GREEN Gazpacho Recipes
It really doesn’t get any cooler than a green gazpacho. The green can come from avocados, cukes, peppers, or herbs, but green gazpachos are some of the most refreshing of all.
Made creamy with avocado and Greek yogurt <3 this is why you bought your Vitamix 🙂
- GREEN GAZPACHO WITH CORN AND CUCUMBERS ~ this soup is a celebration of all things green, from avocado, bell peppers and cukes, to jalapeño and lime.
- GAZPACHO VERDE ~ green tomatoes, jalapeños, and lots of cilantro in this delicious gazpacho.
- GREEN GAZPACHO WITH ALMONDS ~ spinach gives this soup its vivid green color.