Bagel Toast ~ whether it’s a Game Day bagel bar for a crowd, or a quick snack for one, these bagel toasts are hearty, healthy, and yummy ~ you can layer them up in a million delicious ways, so let’s get started!
* Today I’m teaming up with Pavilions to bring you all the fixings for healthy snacking and easy entertaining this month. Partnering with great brands is one of the ways tvfgi keeps the delicious coming, thank you for supporting both of us!
bagel toast is a satisfying snack
You know, there’s summer snacking, and then there’s winter snacking, and they’re very different animals. Summer snacking is light and airy…sometimes a summer snack is hardly any calories at all. Winter snacking’s not that. Winter snacks have to have some substance because, well, it’s cold out there, and cold makes you hungry. Not sure why, but it’s a fact. These hearty bagel toasts are definitely on team winter.
move over avocado toast!
Bagel toast starts with top quality, really fresh bagels, and since my local Pavilions bakery bakes their bagels every morning I can skip the bagel store and grab everything I need in one stop.
to toast, or not to toast?
- With great fresh bagels I don’t even toast them, I love their soft chewy texture just as they are.
Whenever possible I choose O Organics® products, which are available in my area exclusively at Pavilions stores ~ depending on where you live, you can find them at all of the Albertsons family of stores including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United, United Express, and Carrs/Safeway.
- O Organics Hummus,
- O Organics Red Pepper Hummus
- O Organics Guacamole
- Lucerne Light Cream Cheese
- Lucerne Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 less fat)
- O Organics Crumbled Feta Cheese
- O Organics Baby Arugula
- Primo Taglio Goat Cheese Crumbles
- Primo Taglio Roast Beef
- Primo Taglio Black Forest Ham
- Lucerne eggs
- Wild smoked salmon
I also used olives, cherry tomatoes, sprouts, thinly sliced red onions and hot peppers, chopped beets, fresh herbs, cucumber and Granny Smith apple slices ~ even fresh berries.
I might be in the minority here, but I’ve always loved to grocery shop. I like to try all different kinds of stores because the variety inspires me to create the recipes I post here on the blog. But I especially appreciate it when I can go to Pavilions and find everything I need, from well priced essentials to more exotic produce.
why O Organics?
There are hundreds of O Organics products available and you can find them in every aisle in the store ~ they give me peace of mind at a price I can afford. When I buy my organic hummus and baby arugula for this recipe I know I’m getting a product grown or produced without:
- fertilizers from synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge
- ionizing radiation
- growth hormones
These bagel toasts are the perfect canvas for any homemade spread…
- Fresh bagels allow 1/2 per person for snacks, and 1 per person for a more substantial meal
creamy base layer, your choice
- cream cheese low fat or regular
toppings, your choice
- thinly sliced deli meat turkey, ham, roast beef, or Italian cold cuts
- smoked salmon
- sliced apples or pears
- sliced cucumbers or radishes
- baby greens or microgreens
- cherry tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onion
- thin slices of hot pepper
- fresh herbs like basil dill, thyme and parsley
- Cut the bagels in half with a sharp serrated bread knife. To toast or not is up to you, I don’t.
- Spread each half generously with a base layer.
- Top with one to three toppings.
- If you want to get a head start, prep your toppings ahead of time and refrigerate. Assemble the bagels just before serving. If you like you can set everything out on a table and let people assemble their own.
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.