Nectarine Frozen Yogurt ~ this simple, healthy dessert of fresh peaches and Greek yogurt is the excuse you need to finally buy that ice cream machine!
Nectarine frozen yogurt ~ who can resist?
Nectarines are the most incredible fruits. Peaches get all the summertime glory but I think nectarines actually have a better texture and more interesting flavor.
One taste of this nectarine frozen yogurt reminds me why I bought my ice cream maker.
You simply can’t, or don’t, get this bright, ‘real’, intense flavor from commercial products, no matter how much you pay. There’s something about the juxtaposition of the creamy ice cream with tart fresh fruit flavor that just floors me every time. I’m hoping to work my way through all the summer fruits by the end of the season, I can’t wait.
This is a super healthy recipe. I didn’t cook the fruit or add any sweetener, so you just get the flavor of fresh summer nectarines in a lowfat frozen Greek yogurt. This way there’s no shame, even if you polish off the whole batch.
If you want it sweeter, add a little honey or sugar to the mix. Just taste the mixture before you put it in the machine.
More homemade frozen treats to try ~
Nectarine Frozen Yogurt
- 1 lb sliced nectarines, you can peel them if you want to, I left the skins on
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt, you can also use full fat for a creamier frozen yogurt
- Puree the nectarines and the lemon juice in a food processor. If you left the skins on, you will need to strain the puree. I used a mesh strainer. You should have 2 cups of puree.
- Mix the nectarines with the yogurt. Chill the mixture.
- Process in your ice cream machine according to its directions. In mine this only took 15 minutes.
- Eat right away while it is soft, or freeze for a firmer consistency.