My naturally Gluten Free Peach and Almond Crisp is one of the joys of summertime, but you can make this easy peach dessert any time of the year with frozen peaches, too, so there’s no need to miss out ~ it works for breakfast, too!
There is one time every year when you’d be crazy not to make this Peach and Almond Crisp. And it’s right now. You can’t not do it. There are so many peaches out there, and they’re all ripe! And they’re cheap!!
Gather up your peaches, peel them, hit them with the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and lay them out in your baking dish. This summer I discovered the serrated peeler. It looks just like a regular vegetable peeler, but it has a tiny sharp serrated edge that makes peeling soft fruits like ripe peaches a breeze. It’s my new favorite kitchen tool and it works on mangoes, tomatoes, even cooked beets.
The almond topping is quick and so wonderful you’ll be tempted to eat it raw, but don’t, you want a nice thick coating on the peaches. It’s got three layers of almond flavor!
And don’t file this just under dessert. I think it’s the perfect breakfast. It’s only got 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the rest is fruit and almonds. Even with hefty portions this serves 4, so if you do the math, that’s pretty much equivalent to the sugar you’d put on oatmeal, or to the jam on your toast. In fact I was this close to baking the whole thing on top of a layer of oatmeal. That would seal the deal.
Also try ~
Peach and Almond Crisp (gluten free)
- 5 or 6 ripe peaches
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Set oven to 375F
- Peel and slice the peaches, Toss them with the lemon juice and spread out in an oval gratin style baking dish, or a 9x9 square.
- Mix the almond flour, sugar, almonds, butter and almond extract with your fingers until well mixed and crumbly. Crumble over the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbling and browned on top. Cover with foil halfway through if the top is getting too brown.
- Serve hot with creme fraiche, heavy cream, whipped cream or ice cream.
Don’t forget to pin this Gluten Free Peach and Almond Crisp