My Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe is an ingenious (and delicious) way to batch cook breakfast ~ with these fluffy baked pancakes the whole family can finally sit down to a warm pancake breakfast, together!
My Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe solves the age old problem of serving pancakes to a crowd.
Instead of being glued to the griddle flipping flapjacks, bake them! Just pour your batter onto a sheet pan and pop it in the oven. You can spend your time sipping your morning coffee, or dreaming up delicious toppings for your pancakes, while the oven does all the work. I’ll never go back to making pancakes any other way.
The recipe is based on my Buttermilk Blueberry Pancake Bars , which make a smaller batch if that works better for your household.
Make this batch pancake recipe your own ~
This recipe makes a very simple, fluffy pancake batter that soaks up butter and maple syrup like nobody’s business. You can use it as a base for folding in all sorts of other ingredients, too. Need some inspiration?
- fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries
- mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- sliced bananas
- poppy seeds and citrus juice like lemon or tangerine
- almond extract
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or clove
You can also take inspiration from my regular pancake recipes in the archives:
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Zucchini Walnut Pancakes
- Seven Grain Pumpkin Pancakes
- Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
The right sheet pan for the job ~
The only thing that can mess up these foolproof pancakes is a poor quality sheet pan that warps in a hot oven, sloshing your pancake batter around as it bakes. I love my sturdy Nordicware baking sheets ~ they’re an indispensable basic in my kitchen that I use all the time. Be sure to butter your pans well, just like you would your griddle when making pancakes.
Other creative ideas for breakfast and brunch entertaining ~
- Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls are light and fluffy cinnamon buns ready in under an hour!
- Sheet Pan Frittata with Spring Greens is the way to batch cook eggs for a crowd.
- Glazed Old Fashioned Buttermilk Doughnut Bundt Cake is a fun bundt cake that tastes like your favorite doughnut.
- Eggs Benedict Quiche with Hollandaise Sauce always wows everybody, and the sauce comes together in an instant.
- Ottolenghi’s Red Pepper and Baked Egg Galettes is a show stopping way to bake eggs that looks fancy but is super simple to make.
Sheet Pan Pancake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a standard baking sheet (mine measures 18x13)
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted and partially cooled butter, milk, and eggs
- In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Don't worry if your batter looks lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet, and spread it out in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. It should be puffed up and golden, but won't brown too much on the top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving with whatever you like to eat with your pancakes!
Ingredient substitutions ~
- Feel free to use whole wheat flour, or part whole wheat flour in place of the all purpose flour. Oat flour would also be delicious.
- Milk, buttermilk, or half and half, will work. Also use any non dairy milk you like.