Vanilla Lavender Latte ~ this warming drink is made with vanilla bean and lavender buds for a soothing way to start or end a busy day.
After I posted a shot of my lavender latte on Instagram last week so many of you asked me for the recipe, so I’m sharing it today. It’s a simple, soothing recipe for whenever life gets a little overwhelming. I discovered the combination at a local coffee shop and I’ve been sipping it every day since, it’s soothing and so unique. Don’t be afraid of the lavender, it’s really quite subtle, and the combination with the vanilla bean is lovely.
Other warm fuzzy drinks you don’t want to miss ~
Lattes traditionally don’t involve frothed milk, but I love the texture so I usually froth mine. I love my little Nespresso frother, it’s quick and easy. But if you don’t have one, no worries, you can froth milk easily without any special gadgets ~
How to froth milk without a frother ~
Pour milk into a mason jar. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for a full minute.
Remove the lid and put in the microwave, on high, for 30 seconds.
Your milk it hot and frothed and ready to use.
Note: dairy milk, specifically low or non fat dairy milk, froths the best, but you can also use almond or soy.
Vanilla Lavender Latte
- 1/2 cup hot coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup milk, low fat is perfect (use almond or soy milk for vegan)
- 1 tsp culinary grade lavender buds
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp honey, optional
- lavender buds and/or leaves
- Heat the milk, lavender, seeds of the vanilla bean, and honey (if using) either in the microwave or on the stove, just until it comes to a simmer. Let sit for 5 minutes, then strain.
- Pour hot coffee into a mug, then top with the hot milk. I like to froth the milk before I add it, but that's your choice.
- Garnish with a few lavender buds and enjoy.
Make this vanilla lavender latte your own ~
Skip the coffee for a soothing caffeine-free pm beverage