My yummiest fall quick bread recipes to go with that first pumpkin spice latte of the season!
You’ve got your PSL, now you’re gonna need something seriously delicious to go with. Enter my 10 best quick bread recipes that have fall written all over them. The hardest part is choosing which one to make first ~ do you love pumpkin, cinnamon, gingerbread, maple, or apple? Banana and chocolate lovers, I’ve got you covered too.
QUICK BREAD RECIPE TIPS
an easy way to add texture
- Plain quick breads get a texture boost from a simple sprinkle of sugar over the top, before baking. The sugar creates a nice crackly/crunchy surface.
the proper mixing technique
- You don’t need a stand mixer or hand held electric beaters for quick breads, these recipes are formulated to require very little mixing. Use a whisk, a spoon, or, my favorite, a silicone spoonula. Fold everything together just until no dry flour remains. If you’re using add-ins like nuts, fold them in right along with the flour to avoid over mixing.
the right pan
- the standard loaf pan size is 9×5, so I suggest going with that. I like this one because it’s got convenient handles.
- Non stick is a good choice but remember you should wash it by hand, and avoid any metal utensils or harsh cleansers because you’ll quickly destroy the non stick surface.
- I always spray or butter my pans and then line them with a sheet of parchment paper. This allows me to lift out the bread for complete cooling and easier slicing, glazing, or frosting. The parchment provides a nice barrier between the bread and the pan, too, so the edges stay softer.
- Let the bread cool completely. There should be no warmth left when you touch it.
- Wrap first in plastic wrap, and then double wrap in foil. I will sometimes put that into a heavy duty zip lock freezer bag just be sure. You can also wrap and freeze individual slices.
- Quick bread is best enjoyed within 6 months.
AMISH CINNAMON BREAD
This Amish cinnamon bread is an easy quick bread version of Amish friendship bread with no yeast or sourdough starter required. With simple flavors and comforting textures, it’s like a big hug baked up in a loaf pan.
DATE NUT BREAD
Retro date nut bread has fallen out of fashion but it definitely deserves a comeback. This fall quick bread stays super moist for days ~ it just keeps getting better!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
Peanut butter chocolate chip bread might just be the perfect quick bread recipe…moist, peanutty, and loaded with chocolate chips! Is it a bread? Is it a cake? Doesn’t matter what you call it, it makes an indulgent breakfast or snack.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE BREAD
Oh man is this pumpkin bread good ~ it’s a little bit brighter and lighter than your standard recipe, with a lovely little crunch from the sugar topping.
APPLE FRITTER BREAD
The minute I tossed together the chopped apples with the brown sugar and the spices, I knew this cozy quick bread was going to be a winner. The smell of just those ingredients alone was amazing, even before it hit the oven!
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT LOAF CAKE
This apple cider doughnut loaf cake is the third in my apple cider doughnut cake series. The OG Apple Cider Doughnut Cake was so good I had to try Apple Cider Doughnut Muffins, and now this yummy loaf cake is part of the family.
GINGERBREAD LOAF CAKE
My richly textured and spiced loaf cake is slathered with the thickest layer of cream cheese frosting imaginable, because you deserve it.
MAPLE PECAN POUND CAKE
Maple pecan pound cake is the ultimate fall quick bread, with layers and layers of rich, caramelized flavor from browned butter, maple syrup, toasted pecans, and brown sugar.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Double chocolate banana bread is the ultimate pairing of chocolate and banana ~ so rich I could have called it a cake. But whatever you want to call it, I defy you to find anything more tempting.
MAPLE OAT NUT BANANA BREAD
Maple Oat Nut Banana Bread is an easy banana loaf cake with a warm maple icing ~ perfect for breakfast, coffee break, or after school snacking. This recipe will zhush up your basic banana bread in the best way.