Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread might just be the perfect quick bread recipe…moist, peanutty, and loaded with chocolate chips! Is it a bread? Is it a cake? Doesn’t matter what you call it, it makes an indulgent breakfast or snack.
I made this chocolate chip peanut butter quick bread for totally selfish reasons…
I’d love to say I did it for you, but I can’t lie, I did it for me. It’s a combination I can’t resist. And I love easy loaf cake recipes, they seem tailor made for lazy weekends. Sure, I could have baked up my Better Than Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread, or my Double Chocolate Banana Bread, or my Buttermilk Lemon Bread, but I felt like something different. Maybe it’s the mid February doldrums, but I need a little something special to get me though.
This chocolate chip peanut butter loaf cake is the result of much trial and error!
The recipe was definitely a labor of love. Testing and retesting multiple rounds of peanut butter chocolate chip bread recipes took over my life for a couple of days. I went through bags and bags of chocolate chips and jars of pb. My goal was to bake a moist quick bread that showcased everybody’s favorite combo, pb and chocolate. Sounds simple, I know, but somehow, it wasn’t. My first try was too dry, another attempt took way too long to bake and got over cooked on the outside, while still underdone inside. But I finally nailed it, and I’m excited to share it with you today. It was not only the best bread, it was the easiest to make…go figure.
How to store this quick bread
- As with all quick breads, this will tend to dry out once cut, so keep it intact until you’re ready to enjoy.
- Store it covered with foil on the counter and it will last a couple of days.
- If you want to keep individual slices, wrap them well with plastic wrap to keep moist.
Peanut butter and chocolate are a dream team!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies
WANT TO TRY THIS PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT INSPIRATION ~ I LOVE TO PIN 🙂
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bread
- 9x5 loaf pan
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 3/4 cup half and half or buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F Lightly grease and line a 9x5 loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper. This will allow you to lift it out easily after baking.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Whisk or beat the peanut butter, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl. Make sure to beat well so it is all evenly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately to the bowl with the half and half, beginning and ending with the dry. Fold in one cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan and smooth out the top. The batter will seem a bit greasy at this point. Top the bread with the reserved 1/3 cup of chips and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter on it. I like to tend the bread with foil after about 40 minutes so the top doesn't brown too much.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently lift it out to a rack. Try to let the bread cool a bit more before slicing, but I can never wait very long...it's amazing warm.