Blueberry Peach Crumble Pie is an easygoing and completely foolproof dessert in the laid back spirit of late summer. Customize it to your favorite fruit, or what you’ve got on hand.
I was so happy with my recent Summer Jumble Fruit Crumble that I decided a pie version was in order. This formula can be applied to so many different kinds of fruits, and the combinations are endless. The formula goes like this: one frozen pie crust + fresh fruit + crumble topping. Peach and blueberry happens to be a fabulous combination, but you can mix and match the fruit to your heart’s content. How about raspberry with Italian plums or blackberries with nectarines? Carry this idea into fall with figs, pears, and apples.
Other crumbles on the blog ~
This is as easy as a crisp or crumble, but with a little more structure thanks to the crust. Toss your fruit with a little sugar, some lemon juice, and cornstarch in a big bowl and then pile it into the frozen crust (no need to thaw it.) Top everything with a simple crumble made with butter, flour, oats and sugar, then bake it up.
The only thing left is to scoop out some vanilla ice cream, or add a dollop of whipped cream…creme fraiche if you’re feeling fancy.
TIP: Let the blueberry peach crumble pie cool completely if you want a neater cut. I think it’s better to dig right in, myself.
tvfgi recommends: Instant Clearjel
It’s a thickening agent that’s like cornstarch only much more effective. I’m planning to use it all summer long with my fruit pies, crisps, and crumbles. I was amazed at the results and I’m excited to bake with it this season. Btw, this isn’t sponsored, I’m just over the moon about it 🙂
Reader Rave ~
“This is the second time I’ve made this pie this summer. – it has turned out awesome both times!! One of the easiest pies to put together and bake. I really enjoy your blog – you have such good recipes with wholesome ingredients. I like that you use fresh fruits and vegetables often. I live in Washington state and we have a garden every summer. We are surrounded by orchards. I look forward to reading your posts! Enjoy your day!” ~ Nancy
Easy Blueberry Peach Crumble Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust do not thaw
- 2 cups sliced or chopped peaches more if necessary to fill your pie crust
- 2 cups blueberries more if necessary to fill your pie crust
- 2 Tbsp Instant Clear Gel substitute cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted cold butter, cut in pieces
- Set oven to 350F
- Toss the fruit in a large bowl with the cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the juices to start to develop.
- Put the crumble ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping all over the fruit and bake 50-60 minutes until the crust is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
- Let cool for neater cutting.
- I've been loving Marie Calendar's frozen pie crusts lately. They come in a package of 2, so you can easily make another pie when you get the urge. (This isn't sponsored, I just like them!)
- Add your favorite chopped nuts to the crumble.
- We love to eat the leftovers (if you have any) for breakfast. Just heat briefly in the microwave.
Thanks for pinning!